What's new

I downgraded and am happy about it!

Gettintoknowsomethin

Full Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
223
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Beach CA.
Detector(s) used
$49.99 Radio Shack
I am new to this hobby and find it MOST ENJOYABLE! I got a new Safari and they threw in a new BH 505 in the deal. I started using the Safari but was finding very little with it. I decided to try out the 505 and WOW! what a difference! I was finding coins everywhere I looked!. So I sold the Safari to my neighbor for $200.00 and only use the 505!. I only wish I had known how good the 505 was before I paid the bucks for that Safari. O well live and learn I guess. At least now I am haveing more finds and more fun!
 
:) Nicely written... you'll be roundly attacked soon I'm sure.

I LOVE my 505... I have outstanding finds to prove it's worth also.

Selling the minelab safari for 200 bucks though? That's an expensive outfit! :tard:
 
if you sold the minelab for $200.00 .......you took a huge loses ........
 
My only regret is my neighbor made me throw in my new headphones in on the deal! Now I have to buy another pair! Used stuff around here isnt worth much but I guess thats life.
 
Why not downgrade?

I think you made an excellent choice. Simple hunting is the best. I dont care how much $$ u put into the detector, you will still end up digging junck too.

Again, its all about the research, not the machine.
Larry
 
Montana Jim said:
:) Nicely written... you'll be roundly attacked soon I'm sure.

I LOVE my 505... I have outstanding finds to prove it's worth also.

Selling the minelab safari for 200 bucks though? That's an expensive outfit! :tard:
sir there is nothing wrong with a bounty hunter 8)
 
Well, I traded across I guess you might say. Sold my GTI 2500 and took the money and bought a Safari. Now I ain't finding squat either! But don't anyone get your hopes up, I'm not selling it for $200.00! Luckily I have more than one detector and of late I have been relying on my Tesoro Silver Umax. Wish I had waited a year or so to make the trade. I am really beginning to think the Safari has some bugs that need to be worked out.
 
Thanks for that heads up guys.

Any particulars on the Safari Monty?
 
Larsmed said:
Why not downgrade?

I think you made an excellent choice. Simple hunting is the best. I dont care how much $$ u put into the detector, you will still end up digging junck too.

Again, its all about the research, not the machine.
Larry

Very cool avatar photo! Is that really an underwater Jesus? Do you have any information about it?
 
I dont know why I can find so many coins with that BH505 and not with that Safari I bought but I do! Today, I went out to the local park here and in 1 hour found $14.00 worth of clad!. I guess it was a expensive lesson I learned about this hobby but what can you do. I guess the Safari works OK for some folks but it didn't work out for me. I guess the main thing is I am now having fun detecting! And to top it off my neighbors 11 year old kid is happy with the Safari I sold to his dad! Its nice seeing a little kid happy like that!!
 
Hi Gettintoknowsomething,

Where do you primarily hunt? If it is schoolyards, parks, sand lots and the like, the Bounty Hunter is perfect. My son has one and he cleans up on coins. It won't find a dime at 7 inches in hardpacked soil, but in sand it will, or woodchips. If coinshooting for modern coins, jewelry and other assorted non deep items, that unit is going to pay for itself many times over.

Happy Hunting!

Rick
 
I love my Bounty Hunters! :love10: :love7: :love4:
have a different coil on each one......4".......8"......10"
 

Attachments

  • BH.webp
    BH.webp
    125.2 KB · Views: 392
  • BH.webp
    BH.webp
    125.2 KB · Views: 386
My first detector was a bounty hunter and I must confess I found silver and gold with it fairly often! Anyone who knocks good old reliable BH hasn't really taken the time to get acquainted with her. You won't hear me poking fun.

I bought the Safari for a very specific purpose and that is to get deeper on relics. I have been in areas I know there are relics but my other detectors have not been able to go deep enough to pick them up. I must confess my finds with the Safari have been 3 to six inches deeper than with most of my other equipment. I probably just haven't used it in the right places and for the purpose I bought it. Monty
 
Monty said:
Well, I traded across I guess you might say. Sold my GTI 2500 and took the money and bought a Safari. Now I ain't finding squat either! But don't anyone get your hopes up, I'm not selling it for $200.00! Luckily I have more than one detector and of late I have been relying on my Tesoro Silver Umax. Wish I had waited a year or so to make the trade. I am really beginning to think the Safari has some bugs that need to be worked out.
Going from a GTI2500 to a safari is like going from an once of gold to an once of silver. What a down grade. Sorry to hear about your loss.
 
Seamuss, well stated by a Garrett fan. I still have an ACE 250 in my arsenal. I hunt in club hunts with planted coins. I have entered the deep silver contest 3 times and never found anything. The planted coins are about 9". Too many times I saw a Minelab guy come right behind me and dig up a coin that I had missed. The 2500 even in all metal would not pick up a coin at 9". It maxed out at about 5" on newly planted coins. Monty
 
"The 2500 even in all metal would not pick up a coin at 9". It maxed out at about 5" on newly planted coins."

Something must be wrong.... those numbers do not sound right. I have a very used and abused Garrett Grand Master Hunter and it does better than that.

Jerry
 
All I know is that no one that runs a Garrett as ever won the deep coin contest and I have personally watched 6 of them and participated in four. Monty
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom