I dug a really cool old trade token today ~ Saloon?

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• DSCN1093.JPG
    DSCN1093.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 653
  • DSCN1087.JPG
    DSCN1087.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 656
Upvote 0
That was probably good for a shot a hooch!!COOL! It's still "the thrill of the hunt".

Very Nice Token !!! :headbang:

Nice find! The 25 version of this is the only one listed in the TX Catalogs and on tokencatalog.com. There are also ones from P. J. Ischy that are apparently from a general merchandise business. I suspect Edwards & Ischy was a general store as well, but so far haven't seen anything to back up that statement.
John in ID

Nice find, pardner.

Thanks for the kind replies everyone!

TEXAN Connection said:
Very cool find rick what type of site were you at?

It's that site I told you about a while back where someone came after I left and when I came back the following day, saw all those unfilled holes.

Well, they left this for me today. ;D

Nice find Rick. Is that all you found there.

Old River said:
Nice find Rick. Is that all you found there.

Thanks Boyce, I did find some junk stuff there today, piece of harmonica reed and a bent harness buckle, etc. I will be going back again though. :thumbsup:

Amazing condition for an aluminum token.
Out here in Colorado, the ground just eats up anything aluminum.
Love the "Tex" wording as well.

Can't dig enough tokens,
Carl

I think way back when in the day when I was knee high to a grashopper, 3 letter (or more) state abbreviations were normal. Cal., Nev. Ore., etc. Then the post office decided it would be more accurate with 2 letter abbreviations. I think they were trying that in the late 50's or early 60's. One of my teachers who was teaching us how to address an envelope (yes, they actually did teach usable things back then) was dead set against it. Then zip codes came out in the early to mid 60's. Then there wa MI MS MO MD and a few other. As well as Ak and AL. Thanks, Post Office and Postmaster General, where ever you are.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back