I feel like a meth addict

D

DigginDiva

I walked a mile downtown today with the excuse of needing exercise and wanting to check out a thrift store. Yeah right, exercise. Amazingly enough, directly across from the thrift store were two banks! Imagine that! How unbelievably convenient that was. <grin>

I went to both and got $3 worth of loose halves. Nothing in there... I went home.

Later I decided to go to the grocery store and get some food before I spent all of my money on halves. Lucky me! What a coincidence! They had a bank in there. I passed two other stores to go to this particular store... but it's amazing they had a bank in there. <double grin>

I got a roll, checked them in the car, and still nothing.

I already had $60 in halves that I needed to deposit and was out of cash with the exception of $10... so here I am with $10, eyes focused on the road and gripping the steering wheel with white knuckles. I had a look of steely determination on my face. I was determined NOT to stop at one more bank. Unfortunately my car has a mind of it's own and before I knew it, I ended up in a bank parking lot. I walked in, stood in line trying my best to look patient, and asked the teller if he had any rolls of halves. He said he had 10! JACKPOT!!!!!

I ran outside to the ATM machine and with shaking hands, I took out $100. I rushed back in and waited in line with the agonized look of a three year old who has to pee with no bathroom in sight.

Four people ahead of me.
Three.
Two.
Brinks dude. He doesn't count.
One.
I'm NEXT!

Come on lady, nobody cares about your bursitis! Cut out the small talk and let me get my halves!

Bursitis lady hobbled away from the teller window and before the teller could even open his mouth to say "NEXT", I swooped in for the kill, flashing a grin and my wad of five $20's. He sighed loudly and handed over the loot.

Wiping the sweat off my brow, I got back into the car only to realize I hadn't even turned it off.

There was NO WAY I was even going to open one of those rolls until I at least got to my bank parking lot. Or at least until I got stuck at a long light.

First roll. Nothing.
Second roll. Nothing.
Light turned green.
Third roll. 1 filthy 1965.
Car behind me honked.
Checked two more coins as I rested them on the seat.
Car behind the car behind me honked.
I drove to the bank.

Rolls four through ten were awful.
I was heartbroken.
Day two of serious hunting was a failure.
I rolled all of them in the car and took everything in to be deposited.

I must have looked like a junkie on a Monday morning because as soon as I clunked my 50 pound load on the counter, my teller looked at me and said, "no silver huh?"

This is bad.
LOL.
Tomorrow is a new day! :)

Upvote 0

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
ROFLMAO!

Welcome to coin roll hunting, Diva! Don't worry not all days are like that.... and I hear someone is starting a twelve step program just for us..... ;)

JTRIMHO

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
Well, you got one... :D Think, you could've gotten totally skunked. I know how you feel about being totally down about not finding anything though. The other day I went and got dimes--a total of $300--and I got nothing at all... I was totally down the rest of the day. Kind of pathetic now that I think about it... :P

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
DigginDiva said:
I must have looked like a junkie on a Monday morning because as soon as I clunked my 50 pound load on the counter, my teller looked at me and said, "no silver huh?"

This is bad.
LOL.
Tomorrow is a new day! :)

Diva,

:D ROFLMAO :D

and.........
............................thank you,,,
Been thinking about roll searching. Was actually gonna buy some Monday........
Glad I read your post cuz if it's anything like chocolate..... ::) i'm sunk :D

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
need a fix......need a fix......NEED A FIX!!! I know there is a bank here somewhere.........where's the bank.........where's the bank............WHERE'S THE DAMN BANK!!!!! ................There's the bank!.........line is too slow...................I wish they would hurry up......................

Seriously, I know what you mean. I am fortunate to have a job where I can go to banks all day long all over the state. I can take $200, and turn it over so many times that I end up doing $1000 in rolls in just a few hours. The funny thing is, is that I have completly cleaned a few banks out, only to go back a month later, buy the rolls that they have, and find silver again! kind of wierd................

Paul

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
DigginDiva, you are definitely addicted. LOl ;D That's ok, we all are. I've done the same thing,searching the roll as soon as I get into the car. Driving ALL over town,turning down streets I have never been on before hoping to find banks so I can make a fool out of myself as I ask the teller do you have any halves. :P And finally feeling a bit strung out when I can't score silver! >:( lol Then the cycle starts the next day and I try a different approach,hoping no one has thought about it before. lol

Congratulations on the 40% sivler half,I'm sure you'll find many more with persistence. Keep hunting. :)

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a hilarious (and scarily accurate) peek into the mind of a newly addicted roll searcher! Can't wait for your future posts, Diva. Congrats on your sole, grimey '65. May you find many more!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread