I finally did it!!!!!! Yee haa

BIGHEAD

Jan 5, 2008
Pensacola,Fla
Detector(s) used
,MXT 300, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys haven't posted in a while,been working alot!! I went to a lot where I found a bunch of wheats and a couple of rosies. I got a stange penny signal and dug it up, then lost it :icon_scratch:. So I covered the hole and rechecked and got the penny signal again :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:. So I turned the discrem all the way down and finally found the target :thumbsup:. But it was so crudy I couldn't figure out what it was :icon_scratch:. I went to pick up kids and started washing it, and dang if I didn't see feathers! It took me three days of cleaning before I could see the date 1892!!! My first indian and first pre 1900 coin :thumbsup:. The next week I found my first silver half a 64 kennedy. Then the next day I found a 1900 Queen Victoria penny :icon_queen:at a local park. I was suprised by this find because most of parks around here are pounded pretty hard. Its Florida lots of retired people with metal detecters :angel4:. Anyway thanks for lookin and happy hunting Bighead

Attachments

• indian 1.jpg
    indian 1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,793
  • indian 2.jpg
    indian 2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,788
  • silver&Victoria.jpg
    silver&Victoria.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 1,774
  • victora &silver half.jpg
    victora &silver half.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,767
Upvote 0
P

Pentico

Mark that one off your list!
Good job pulling that one out of the ground.
Now go get some more. :thumbsup:

DN

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
I remember finding my first Injun..What a feeling that was.. Makes you want more and more though...Congrats and welcome to the 1800's.......jgas

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS on your IH, what kind of place did you pull it out of to be pitted like that? Or did that happen while cleaning it?

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Is that an 1892 or an 1882? I think I see 82. That's 10 years older and very cool, if so.

Congrats either way.

Jason

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
Wow two firsts with one coin!!!! Now you know, IH come in lower in the discrimination than zinc pennies, so turn down your discrimination and pick off the old IH's the retiree's left behind!!

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JasonB said:
Is that an 1892 or an 1882? I think I see 82. That's 10 years older and very cool, if so.

Congrats either way.

Jason

I believe you are right..... Also, could this IH be an error coin? Check out the date again.

Attachments

• ih2.jpg
    ih2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,124

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
I don't see an overdate listed in the coin guide but if so that would definitely be a rare find.

Can we get a better pic of the date?

Jason

OP
OP
BIGHEAD

BIGHEAD

Jan 5, 2008
Pensacola,Fla
Detector(s) used
,MXT 300, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the posts guys!!! I will have to look at the date again and see if it is a error coin. I got a new camera for christmas and it takes really good pictues as you can see, I just have to learn to use it. the date is 1892 it just has a pit on the nine. I don't know whats in the soil at this old home site but all the pennies come out looking bad? The silver on the other hand looks new, I dug 2 rosies and the kennedy half from this location. Anyway thanks again and i'll keep you posted :thumbsup:. HH Bighead

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread