I finally did it!!!!!! Yee haa

BIGHEAD

Jan 5, 2008
Pensacola,Fla
Detector(s) used
,MXT 300, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys haven't posted in a while,been working alot!! I went to a lot where I found a bunch of wheats and a couple of rosies. I got a stange penny signal and dug it up, then lost it :icon_scratch:. So I covered the hole and rechecked and got the penny signal again :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:. So I turned the discrem all the way down and finally found the target :thumbsup:. But it was so crudy I couldn't figure out what it was :icon_scratch:. I went to pick up kids and started washing it, and dang if I didn't see feathers! It took me three days of cleaning before I could see the date 1892!!! My first indian and first pre 1900 coin :thumbsup:. The next week I found my first silver half a 64 kennedy. Then the next day I found a 1900 Queen Victoria penny :icon_queen:at a local park. I was suprised by this find because most of parks around here are pounded pretty hard. Its Florida lots of retired people with metal detecters :angel4:. Anyway thanks for lookin and happy hunting Bighead

Attachments

• indian 1.jpg
    indian 1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,794
  • indian 2.jpg
    indian 2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,789
  • silver&Victoria.jpg
    silver&Victoria.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 1,775
  • victora &silver half.jpg
    victora &silver half.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,768
Upvote 0

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Way to go! Nice Indian Head! :thumbsup:

B

BIG61AL

That IH is a little on the rough side but man it would be sweet to find one.....nice half too!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's on your first IH and welcome to the 1800's :thumbsup:

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I DEFINITELY see 1882, I even inverted the colors and it still shows 1882. Unless we're not looking at the same I.H........NGE

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, Congrats on your first IH, they are always fun to find. Even though I'm RETIRED, I still
find my share of IH'S, but then I usually dig in all metal so that helps.

Best of luck in '09.

HH,Ringfinder

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JasonB said:
I don't see an overdate listed in the coin guide but if so that would definitely be a rare find.

Can we get a better pic of the date?

Jason

In the photo there appears to be an anomaly next to the second 8 just to the left edge.

OP
OP
BIGHEAD

BIGHEAD

Jan 5, 2008
Pensacola,Fla
Detector(s) used
,MXT 300, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: I finally did it!!!!!! Yee haa UPDATED PICS

Ok me and one of mding buddies checked the coin with a jewlers glass and the date does look like 1882! You guys are good!!! Master Sarge I cleaned the coin with soap water, peroxide,and the tater methide that I use to clean wheats. It took alot of cleaning because the coin was in real bad shape. I took a few more pics but i'm still trying to figure out this new camera. Thanks guys Bighead!!!

Attachments

• indian 3.JPG
    indian 3.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 457
  • indian 4.JPG
    indian 4.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 464

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Major congrats on these finds, you are so lucky. The two oldest coins I have ever found are a 1914 Wheat Penny (From a tot lot) and a 1936 Mercury Dime (in my backyard).

But these are impressive.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is how I proved it to be an 1882.......NGE

Attachments

• inverted color 1882 I.H..JPG
    inverted color 1882 I.H..JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 431

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
Here is how I proved it to be an 1882.......NGE

Nice job on the pic NGE. I still think it's an error date coin. It looks like a 6 stamped under and a little off to the left of the last 8. Have a good one you all.

DANGLANGLEY

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure looks like an error coin to me also, there is definitely another number there. Nice find and good eyes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions