What's new

I finaly found something some old coins!!!!! I found a SILVER COIN!!!!!!!

SassyDetectorette

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2010
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hi everybody!! This is my first post on this forum because I have not had much luck with my Ace 250 except for old wheatback cents!! I have posted on the mug shots forum to say hi!!>:( I have seen on this forum to dig the wierd signals on my metal detector and today it payed off!!! :hello2: :hello2: I found 2 wheatback pennies!!! I also found my first old nickle and MY VERY FIRST OLD SILVER QUARTER :hello2: :hello2: :wav: The SILVER QUARTER :hello2: :hello2: is from 1947. The wheatbacks are from 1951-D and 1956-D. The nickel is from 1948!!! This is the best hunt I ever had and I cant wait until I find some jewelry!!!
 

Attachments

  • firstgoodfindjpeg.webp
    firstgoodfindjpeg.webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,788
  • Black_dress.gif
    Black_dress.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 1,815
Upvote 0
Good job on the silver. I hope you find a lot more. I definitely pays to dig those iffy signals. You should put the quarter in a coin folder as silver is easily scratched and it's value will be lessened. Plus you can write the date and where you dug the coin on the outside of the folder.
And Cru if you see this why do you all drink tea??? I don't know why Americans drink coffee but I drink enough for everyone in the state of Virginia. Hmm maybe that's why I act the way I do. :tongue3:
 

Attachments

  • Carl the cut.webp
    Carl the cut.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 758
  • Carl the cut.webp
    Carl the cut.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 750
WTG!!!! I just read your post over in Mug Shots, knew you could do it....signals can be deceiving. A rusty nail 12" away from a silver coin may change the target id reading, depending on which way the coil is moving. Nice finds! :D
 
Sweet finds,if you are digging wheats then you are going to find silver sooner or later,pretty good luck finding a quarter for your first,they dont come easy.A lot of times if you are hunting in a busy area many of your coin signals will be mixed in with other items so you may only hear the coin a little bit,once you hear that sound and can repeat it a little you should start digging. If you want to find jewlery you are going to have to start digging a lot more trash,it shows up all over the place,so if you are standing there wondering if you should dig then you should,HH...Shoot
 
NICE!! thinking maybe I should start looking for coins instead of relics!
 
For a first post, you seem to know how to catch attention..... lol

The Cat
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom