What's new

I followed a lead and scored 5 Bens.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Messages
842
Reaction score
353
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I scored $75.00 in $5.00 Silver Certificates from a Conveinence Store Saturday that just came from the bank. My first question was, what bank was it. I went there today and asked if they had anymore bills, they said no they went fast. So I asked for Halves and large Dollar coins, three tellers coughed up their halves and Ikes and said they were happy to get rid of them, so they don't have to count them. I got 3 Ike Dollars and $8.00 in Halves, 5 of the Halves were Ben Franklin Halves, I could just hear the Silver dancing on the counter before I got it. I asked if the person that turned the old bills in, did they turn any roll change in, they did not know. I assume the Bens came from them.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8929.webp
    IMG_8929.webp
    49.7 KB · Views: 399
Upvote 0
:icon_thumright:

I wish that I could find the 1956 ben to fill a hole.
 
Genuine score! No way the tellers here would give that up. Serious silver blocks we have here in the North!
 
wow, u had a good day all around
 
WTG, nice score! :icon_thumright:
 
use your noodle to find the bootle.
 
I could just hear the Silver dancing on the counter before I got it. I asked if the person that turned the old bills in, did they turn any roll change in, they did not know. I assume the Bens came from them.
[/quote]


Awesome Find :icon_thumright:Can't wait to find my first Ben!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom