Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here was my bathroom floor project I did back in May...I figure it took right around 10,000 pennies ($100) to complete...just started in a corner and laid them down (no glue) as long as 3 sides are touching they line up nice and easy and lock into place and keep a nice straight line. When I was finished I poured a thick glaze (glazecoat by famowood) over the top of it....was a little tricky but it turned out sweet....the coating is equivalent to 60 coats of poly. I threw a handful of shiny wheats in there as well as a few indians. found a lot of wheats...including one roll I took a pic of with an ender ....lol. thanks for lookin.

Attachments

• fl1.jpg
    fl1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 651
  • fl2.jpg
    fl2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 1,131
  • fl3.jpg
    fl3.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 396
  • fl4.jpg
    fl4.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 232
  • fl5.jpg
    fl5.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 243
  • fl6.jpg
    fl6.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 246

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of kind flooring! I love it. People will be sitting on the "throne" peering at dates and looking for indian heads. Are the all heads up?

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, that is great! Sitting on the toilet reading dates of the pennies is better than shampoo bottles, lol, thumbs up!!

kriopelle

Jun 19, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 350
Bounty hunter ss
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the work in progress photos!!! Finished product looks awesome!!! Excellent job!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
postalgriff

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of kind flooring! I love it. People will be sitting on the "throne" peering at dates and looking for indian heads. Are the all heads up?
nope, just let them lay as they fell pretty much....took out the green crusty ones and all the canooks, the rest are pretty much random...thanks guys.

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK now I want to come over and use the bathroom! So cool!

rjwmam

Jul 4, 2008
Salt Lake City
That's just awesome. Anyone who uses your john will be hard pressed to finish their business in a timely manner on account that they won't be able to pry their eyes from your floor before inspecting each penny. I may actually have to do this in my bathroom now.

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome idea and looks so good!! Must have been pretty tedious but the end result is very cool and unique. :headbang: Didn't you throw a few Indians in there as well?
Okay, so which floor is gonna be the Silver floor :laughing7:

OP
OP
postalgriff

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome idea and looks so good!! Must have been pretty tedious but the end result is very cool and unique. :headbang: Didn't you throw a few Indians in there as well?
Okay, so which floor is gonna be the Silver floor :laughing7:
Yeah I think there are 6 or 7 indians in there...couple I found and over cleaned my first year detecting and a few nice looking ones from my collection, funny one is naturally where you would look down while sitting on the crapper...
SirTom...got the idea from a picture I saw on the internet where someone had done their kitchen...
Thanks everyone for the nice comments...it would be a challenge to try and find all the indians lol.

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great Idea and think it would be a lot funnier using the bathroom ,it would differently keep you busy:laughing7: .

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Postalgriff ..
Excellent display! Have you considered working up a do-it-yourself article and peddling it to one of the woodworking or home magazines? I know it would catch my interest. Also are you up to trying a ceiling now? <lol>

M

OP
OP
postalgriff

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Postalgriff ..
Excellent display! Have you considered working up a do-it-yourself article and peddling it to one of the woodworking or home magazines? I know it would catch my interest. Also are you up to trying a ceiling now? <lol>

M
Thanks moonrover!...no have not thought of that...thanks for the idea tho, I may look into that.

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a cool idea. Next... silver dollar kitchen tiling! Did you use some of the new shield pennies from this year in it?

OP
OP
postalgriff

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a cool idea. Next... silver dollar kitchen tiling! Did you use some of the new shield pennies from this year in it?

I did! I did purposely put those I ran across shield up...and a couple of the newer Lincoln ones too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions