What's new

I found a 1909 vdb penny!!

jlb783

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2008
Messages
448
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Outback
It had a bunch of crap on it so I cleaned it with vinegar... It was not a good idea at all, all I have now is a copper round. :-[
 
yep :'(
 
jlb783 said:
It had a bunch of crap on it so I cleaned it with vinegar... It was not a good idea at all, all I have now is a copper round. :-[

Look on the brighter side, had you used electralysis, you would have had nothing at all...

You have learned a great lesson and only by first-hand experience...won't be repeated
 
Sorry it did not turn out better for you.

Yesterday I think I found two 1909s but they are both pretty dirty. I'm waiting until I have some quality time to try and clean them up. Came from the same park that I found a 1914 D last month but that one was in really bad shape.

NJ
 
Tell ya what...send the 1914D to me for safe keeping so you won't destroy it accidentally...or trade it for a 1919
 
stefen said:
Tell ya what...send the 1914D to me for safe keeping so you won't destroy it accidentally...or trade it for a 1919
:D
Or I will keep it safe for ya.
 
See that is why I love TNet...everyone is so willing to help out...bunch of sharks...lol.
 
That wasn't a good idea. I cleaned some wheaties of no significant value and I'll never do it again. If you don't do it too long they will look somewhat new again. I'd prefer to leave them alone other than peroxide or soap and water Darn a 1909 vdb ruined >:( If they are in good shape they can be worth some bucks
 
A lesson learn is never a loss......try this to feel better..save up your clad and buy a nice conditon 1909 VDB!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom