I Found A 3 Ringer In A Yard Of A Mid-Fifties Home

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's my first time out in a few days to do some metal detecting. Right out of the gate I found 3 rings that were attached to one another that were stamped 925. I haven't a clue what it is, but I'll take it.

I had to work at it, but I did managed to find 3 silver coins today and a few wheat pennies. The heat and work didn't do me in, it was the damn noisy cars driving by. It was hard for me to concentrate on those soft squeakers using the Deus Backphones and it was a little too warm for full cup headphones. I'm in the market for some hardwired noise cancelling earbuds. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_2197.JPG
    IMG_2197.JPG
    726.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2200.JPG
    IMG_2200.JPG
    355.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2201.JPG
    IMG_2201.JPG
    681.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2202.JPG
    IMG_2202.JPG
    333 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2203.JPG
    IMG_2203.JPG
    693.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2207.JPG
    IMG_2207.JPG
    339.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2206.JPG
    IMG_2206.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2205.JPG
    IMG_2205.JPG
    634.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2204.JPG
    IMG_2204.JPG
    314 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 21

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds. I have the same problem with the backphones; my hearing is not good and since the backphones don't seal to your head I really have to be slow, attentive and patient. I am none of those naturally.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great haul!!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tabman, i have found several of those silver interlaced three ringers and have determined those to be associated with the Odd Fellows lodge I found mine near where a lodge once existed.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. I have the same problem with the backphones; my hearing is not good and since the backphones don't seal to your head I really have to be slow, attentive and patient. I am none of those naturally.
Thanks! With the Summer heat just arriving, I'm going to get it figured out. Cars are noisy!

That ain't no bullet! Nice hunt, tabman.
Thanks! Yeah, but it's a 3 ringer. lol

Great haul!!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny
Thanks! You just never know what might pop up when you're metal detecting. I really should start back digging everything above iron. I have a program set up on my Deus that I call 'Tesoro'. Anything below sports foil caps grunts and everything above that gives a sweet high audio tone.

You got some nice silver. Congrats!
Thanks! I wish that I could go everyday, but I need rest between hunts or I burn myself out, especially when it gets hot and humid.

Some nice saves as usual Tabman. The rings just stack (even though joined).

View attachment 1585333
Thanks! I'm going to have to give that a try. Usually the ones that do that are funny shaped.

tabman, i have found several of those silver interlaced three ringers and have determined those to be associated with the Odd Fellows lodge I found mine near where a lodge once existed.
Thanks! That's nice to know.

Nice going tab! No silver Kennedy today? Looks like a good day hunting to me.
Thanks! I'm due a silver dollar! That's what makes detecting fun, you just never know what you might find.

I bit. Sweet three ringer
Thanks! 3 rings in one hole ain't bad. lol I'd like to find one in 14k.

tabman

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, nice finds:icon_thumright:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
came expecting lead, left seeing silver. Nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread