Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to campus and continued the grid I was working by the tennis courts. Swingin the CZ21 for 5.5 hours and digging all the mid and high tones. The ground was a little crusty from the freezing temperatures over night, but at least the snow had melted here. I still have 4 or 5 inches of snow at home on the mountain. Down on campus it is generally 5 to 10 degrees warmer and they get a lot less snow so I made the 20 minute drive to do some detecting. There was a high concentration on can slaw, tennis ball can lids and can tabs. I found a total of 73 coins with a face value of $4.16, a sinker, an ace bandage clip, a cheapy carabiner, an old rivet from the farm that was here before the college, a gold pendant, a broken brass coal chit, foil, can slaw/lids and tabs. By the end of the hunt my junk pouch was overflowing with the can slaw and tennis ball can lids.

38406CA8-EAF5-413F-8700-DF7F0F2EF3FF.jpeg

The gold pendant was a nice surprise. I had just dug a beaver tail can tab that had a nice clear mid tone. I swung my detector back over the area I had just dug and got a weaker tighter mid tone 2 inches away from the hole the tab came out of. The weak tight mid tone signal usually turns out to be small can slaw, a shoe grommet or foil. Instead I popped out a nice 14k castle pendant. It weighs .11 troy ounces or 3.2 grams. A very decent weight for a small size pendant. Not a fantastic find, but it sure brought a smile to my face. I checked it out and at the current gold price I could get a little over $100 for it from the local buyer. Woohoo!! (I like to check the value of finds, but I don’t sell them.)

7D616C22-C745-4D4A-8445-1EC12AB3151A.jpeg 388EA696-BA18-4043-8365-B089D2FCEB50.jpeg

Yesterday I went to the old high school and continued my grid on the sports field. The CZ21 sniffed out 32 coins with a face value of $2.03, part of a buckle, a sinker, 2 copper roof fasteners, a key, a valve slide finger ring (probably for a trumpet or coronet), starter blanks, a copper rivet, a utility pole tag, a buffalo nickel, a silver Rosie, a cheapy earring, a possible civil war bullet, a calendar that fastened on a watch band, can slaw, a couple pieces of copper plumbing pipe, tabs and my junk pouch wasn’t as full this time.

C097F91F-ED0C-470D-B34D-33D2E4B5DF99.jpeg

The buffalo is a 1936 and is the third buffalo with a readable date from this field. That’s the first time I have found that many buffalos at a single location in the past 18.5 years of detecting. The Rosie is a 1951. It’s not in great shape, but silver is silver.

3AA5B397-1673-455C-BBB9-02B02B0EAA05.jpeg

The bullet is a .50 caliber with 2 square grooves. Because it is so completely mushroomed I can’t tell exactly which type it is, but I am pretty sure it is from the civil war camp that was here before the school.

5E350C82-8C9D-4D3F-82CE-8A32E976DD79.jpeg

Today I got in one last hunt before the new year. It is still well below freezing at night so when I started the ground was crusty and my hands were frozen, but at least it warmed up as the day went on. I went to a group of sports fields in the town down the mountain to the east of me. I spent 5 hours with the CZ21 swingin and diggin. The targets here are mostly few and far between, but a few spots around the bleachers and dugouts are tab and slaw heavy. I managed to find 52 coins with a face value or $4.35, 2 vaping devices, a post 1880 bullet, a key, a religious medal and a Panamanian coin.

D25B76AE-6205-473D-8556-F39C18E8EA1D.jpeg

The medal is a Saint Florian sterling medal. I have found a lot of religious medals, but this is the first St. Florian. The Panamanian coin is a 1 centesimo from 1966. This is the first coin from Panama I have found.

F6DA1E4E-236B-4469-93E4-78C7F5059FBD.jpeg

875BAFDD-3D31-457B-9DF8-0A63676100CA.jpeg 6D010B33-4FFD-4E73-AC2B-2683FAD10E5F.jpeg

So 3 hunts in a row I have found silver or gold. I found a few firsts (not bucket listers, but interesting), and a decent amount of gas money. A good way to end 2020. I am on track for my best coin value year ever (my year ends April 30 so, I still have 4 months to go.). Thanks for looking, stay safe and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 17

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice castle pendant. It looks like it has been styled after Disney's 'Cinderella Castle' pendants. Highly collectable if vintage official Disney merchandise, but this looks like one of the many imitations produced as 'magic castle' pendants and sold without references to Disney.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice castle pendant. It looks like it has been styled after Disney's 'Cinderella Castle' pendants. Highly collectable if vintage official Disney merchandise, but this looks like one of the many imitations produced as 'magic castle' pendants and sold without references to Disney.

Maybe a souvenir from Neuschwanstein Castle in Schwangau, Germany? Disney's Cinderella Castle was patterned after that.
Nice mix of gold, silver, coins and relics, tnt-hunter!
Nick

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maybe a souvenir from Neuschwanstein Castle in Schwangau, Germany? Disney's Cinderella Castle was patterned after that.
Nice mix of gold, silver, coins and relics, tnt-hunter!
Nick

Thanks for the replies. Definitely not a Disney product. No Disney logo or ID of any kind. Thanks for looking, stay safe, keep swingin and may 2021 be a better year for us all.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had several great hunts to close out 2020! Great finds! Thank you for sharing with us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread