What's new

I found a dinosaur... and a piece of jewelry.

Echoplex

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2015
Messages
392
Reaction score
1,009
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at an old site and was getting a nice solid +90, expecting to find a half dollar, but pulled a Saltopus instead. My son almost crapped his pants when he saw me brush the dirt off. He loves dinos! I'll take a super happy 5-year-old over a half dollar :)

Also found the junk/costume jewelry. Not sure what it is. Not a ring. It has threads on the inside, so it was screwed onto something.

HH!

Dino-Coin.webp
 
Upvote 10
I think that's the oldest coin I've ever seen. Minted in 210 million BC! Says so right on the coin. :headbang:
 
I think that's the oldest coin I've ever seen. Minted in 210 million BC! Says so right on the coin. :headbang:

You are correct. It has a "P" mint mark for Pangaea on the back.
 
Last edited:
Cool Dino coin !!! Congrats and HH
 
Your threaded round ring object appears to be a bezel for a watch.
 
First dino coin I've ever seen - no wonder your son was excited! I agree with Johncoho, looks like bezel ring for a watch face. Congrats on the finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom