What's new

I found a pair of rocks with my Etrac

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2014
Messages
1,790
Reaction score
3,850
Golden Thread
1
Location
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Manticore
Equinox 800
Modified Etrac
Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really did!! I was digging all low numbers that were repeatable today, dug a butt load of beaver tails, but, found a few good targets as well. The rock jewelry gave a 1/20 1/21 reading and was down about 4" to the first one. I scanned the hole again and got another hit. I started cleaning the hole out and out came the second one, I couldn't believe the Etrac hit on the small copper wire, I was very impressed. That"s the first time I've something of that nature. I ended up with a broken sterling silver saddle ring, a buff, 2 wheats, what appears to be a small lip stick container and a doodad. The war nickle came from the same place yesterday.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6978.webp
    IMG_6978.webp
    434 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 16
Looks like you have found a nice place to get some oldies, potential for silver is there ! I think the rocks came from a charm bracelet maybe, keep digging those low signals and you might find some white gold jewelry you never know =)
 
The pendant rock jewelry was very popular in the 60's. You can still buy it today. Congrats on the Buff and War Nickel.
 
Looks like you have found a nice place to get some oldies, potential for silver is there ! I think the rocks came from a charm bracelet maybe, keep digging those low signals and you might find some white gold jewelry you never know =)

I've been hunting this old school on and off for the last 16 years, and yes, it produce quite a few keepers. But, after years of using the Minelabs here, the finds are getting fewer and fewer these days. Now I'm down to digging every repeatable signal.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom