I found a paper Fidelity stock

sgtslaughter

Jan 19, 2008
new hampshire
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
I found a paper stock that says it's worth $100,000, with 8.65 interest. It's not marked REGISTERED and I have the address of the signed beneficiary. It's due to come to fruition in February, 2008. That's....next month!!

I doubt that I can cash it but I'm sure it's real. This week, I'm going to write to the trust that can cash it and ask for a percentage.

Any thoughts?

It cost me $5! :)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
post a picture of the afore mentioned bonanza

OP
OP
sgtslaughter

sgtslaughter

Jan 19, 2008
new hampshire
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
EDDE said:
post a picture of the afore mentioned bonanza

Well, I'm new to this board as I just got my new Explorer SE. I actually didn't think anyone would care about this post. So, since you showed interest, I looked deeper at what I had and I am posting two pictures.

Corrections: Its Dow Jones and it is registered to a trust that I have identified. What do you think? I have 6 stocks in all with this one being the best. I know where there are a lot more too.

Attachments

• 01-19-08_1122.jpg
    01-19-08_1122.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 871
  • 01-19-08_1124.jpg
    01-19-08_1124.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 849

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just remembered
my coin guy sells these also and they are all perforated as yours are

OP
OP
sgtslaughter

sgtslaughter

Jan 19, 2008
new hampshire
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
So I don't get it. If they are authentic, not due yet, and there is a listed person or group who is capable of waving this thing in the air at the time that it's due, why is it worthless?

Thank goodness I never allowed my mind to think that I would make a profit from this. I've never had a "get rich quick" mentality, but nonetheless, I am shocked that they are not worth anything to someone (other than a weird doily).

This site is great. Thanks Jeff and EDDE for the input.

Anyone know of any machinists in New England (New Hampshire)? I'm hiring.

:- )

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
the perforations indicate that the stocks were sold and are no longer valid. That is the cancellation that they have used for many years. siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
sgtslaughter

sgtslaughter

Jan 19, 2008
new hampshire
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Hmmm! So, you can cash in a dated stock before it's due? I guess so.

Oh well. I appreciate the shortcut here to this little story's ending. Thanks guys.

Rob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread