Some good deals my RSS feeder pulled up from Craigslist

ohiotech

Jan 4, 2007
Dayton, Ohio.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark with stock 8" and CSC
I hope that it is okay (shoot first, ask for permission/apologies later), but my RSS feeder pulled some deals off of Craigslist. I found my deal for a Tiger Shark with CSC this week because of Google and on another detectorist site, but had I seen the DFX or the Garrett 2500, I would have purchased one of them instead only to re-sell it, and then went for my TS.

Hopefully it is okay to let the community know about these deals. If not, I understand if the post is moderated.

I hope that someone is able to take advantage of one of these. Since I'm getting my Tiger Shark here shortly, I'll be turning off my RSS and won't be looking for deals for a while.

Be well,

Ohiotech

emtrescue

Dec 26, 2007
Church Hill, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Yes it is an "automatic feeder" - sort of. What it does is you subscribe to the feeds on the page and as those are updated, each time you refresh a page on your browser (this is how mine works when I use it) the headlines (feeds) update on the sidebar under your RSS program. So you can set it to post "x" amount of lines per feed per page - i.e. if you subscribe to parts of craiglist, other websites, etc. and each feed will be posted under the appropriate website heading so you won't get them confused. (any more than you are now ;D ) Once you get used to subscribing, etc. it can come in pretty handy actually. That way you dont have to look at the entire website to see if anything has changed.

mercenary

Oct 4, 2006
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200
TNet actually has an RSS feed too. It is basically a news feed that updates whenever a site is updated. I've used Craigslist RSS feeds to get me deals on camera equipment ;D

doctorbb

Nov 2, 2007
CA via TX
I purchased the DFX from a nice gentleman in Arkansas. Arrived in great condition and what a deal at that price. Thanks for the tip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions