What's new

I found an old Indian Knife

Melissa Archibald

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
60
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found an old Indian Knife that was shiny black stone very shiny with a spot for your thumb to be place and index finger I forget
the name of the material the stone is out of though but I still have I'd like to find the tribe it might belong to and give it to them.
If any tribe is watching that is from the Picture Rocks, AZ area let me know its probably yours.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Mellissa, Can you post a picture. Most relics are impossible to attribute to a known tribe unless they are very recent. Steve
 
I'll get one a little later tonight up here.
 
I've been lurking this site for a while now. This is my first post. I think Obsidian is what your knife is made from. VERY nice find if that is the case! Obsidian: Igneous Rock - Pictures, Uses, Properties Would love to see a pic of it! I bet your local museum would love to see it as well. They will date the artifact if you take it by. (At least the one here did for some arrow heads I found years ago.)
 
001.webp It is not the best photo of it but here it is on its side sort of the other edge you can't see is real sharp. I didn't know what it was at first just that it was real pretty and shiny. I didn't want to be removing any Indian Artifacts disturbing anything but it was above the soil The way it is is right the knife would go in your palm and your thumb over that slot they put in it. the bottom of the ruff part is real sharp
 
Last edited:
A photo of it has been posted and keep in mind it's on its side. Your right its Obsidian
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom