What's new

I Found Jesus Today and I Wasnt Even Looking for Him!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2013
Messages
4,209
Reaction score
8,040
Golden Thread
1
Location
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Found Jesus Today and I Wasn't Even Looking for Him!

I found a really big crucifix today on a baseball field (in the outfield). It was standing straight up in the hole and the top of it was about 4 inches down. It's solid brass, 5" high and weighs over 2 ounces! Who the heck would carry a crucifix this large around a baseball field? Weird, but a cool find!

crucifix.webp
 
Upvote 38
Great find! Congrats! Maybe the priests or nuns were coaching a game.
 
This makes me wonder if it wasn't some type of blessing or memorial of some type. I don't know much about those types of pracitices but it is something to look into.

Great, there goes my already slim chance of ever getting into Heaven! I've violated some sort of religious shrine at the field! Thanks for the info! LOL!
 
Last edited:
Awesome find Do you have a grinder in the garage? Put a buffing when on it with some brasso and you could clean that up in no time.

Never thought of that! It would be nice to have the original brass color instead of paint. I'm not 100% positive it's brass, but I doubt if it's copper. Great idea!
 
Yeah , I think you would do well to get back to an "honest " look on that piece . I mean by this a clean , even polished if you
like - but not covering the surface with paint . Fortunately that can be remedied .
 
Really nice find.

It sure did clean up nice and pretty. Congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom