What's new

I found Love!

CASPER-2

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
17,375
Reaction score
20,667
Golden Thread
1
Location
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got to get in the water - first time this year
also first time I got to use my new mask under hunt conditions - only saw the pool before today

was heading back to where I started and got a loud blast - thought I had a corona cap on top - ended up being a fat 14k band
my gal just happened to be taking this pick and that is when I got the ring because I got nothing 10 mins before or 10 mins after this pic and she said I was directly in front of her -
told her had I known she was taking a pic - I would have held it up before dropping it in my pouch

14k gold from cold water hunt - water was 45 degrees - air was not much warmer
 
Upvote 38
Very nice congrats
 
What kind of mask is that?
 
Congratulations on the hefty gold band, it paid for the new mask, no doubt. Sub 8-)
 
Nice ring, Don. How did you like that mask?
 
Tribord easybreathe - there is a rip off company out there - mine has orange top - cheap brand is yellow

What kind of mask is that?
 
worked great - keeps face warm too - under my chin got nip - but forehead, and face stay warm from breathe- just don't eat garlic before you go out with it
you can breathe thru mouth or nose with ease - no water gets in
Nice ring, Don. How did you like that mask?
 
Hi Casper :hello:Looks like a great mask, the ring looks even better tho !!! :occasion14:
 
Chunky Monkey there!!.......Go get'em buddy..:thumbsup:
 
big ol Chunkin ring you got there! Congratulations
 
:notworthy: my next life I wanna be you!
 
very nice ring, Congrats on the find
 
Casper, is that you behind that mask? Oh there you are ! The finder of large gold! Yes that's you! Nice ring! Congrats!
Guess your GF doesn't need a detector to locate gold, she must be your lucky charm!

Thanks for the warning about the fake masks.
 
no leak -
kept whole face warm - not made like that- but does
you can see more of surroundings
you can breathe thru mouth and or nose with ease
would be great for someone with false teeth that cant use a snorkel
headphones fit good with it - which I was worried about - would recommend

Great find C2. How did the new mask work? WTG, Q.
 
Sweet!!

What you the odds you get your pic taken as your finding gold, maybe you need more photo shoots? Lol
 
When is a knock off or a copy good enough? I reseached both the original Tribord easy breathe , and the Thenice surface snorkle. I looked at the reviews for both and because the Tribord is the original and did all the R&D it receives rave reviews. Yet when I look at it side by side with the Thenice the only visable differences I can really see are as you mentioned the orange top on the Tribord, and yellow on the Thenice, and the mask part around your nose and mouth don't have any color on the original but on the knockoff it does. The negative reviews on the Thenice are non specific and vague with regards to issues and or problems and the writers of said negative reviews never identify themselves where as the people that praise the knockoff do identify themselves. So why am I writing this? Well yes the original Tribord deserves to make a profit on their product and I'm sure they will, but not everyone can afford or wants to spent $200. on one when they can try the other for less than half the price and for all practical purposes they are identical. Now if I'm wrong please let me know what make the original better or what defects does the knock off have other than being a knockoff.
So everyone knows I don't own either of these, but when I read this thread I became curious.
 
Last edited:
I got the original for the store price of $50 - but mine is from Portugal sporting goods store
friend of family came over here last fall and I asked him to plz get me one - those higher prices are other people not Tribord trying to make extra bucks
I know the straps of the cheaper mask are cheaper - I just want to make people aware - I don't want someone buying the knock off and then complaining to me that it failed down the road - recently guys have discovered they bought knock off lesche digging tools and they broke - also some bought knock off pinpointers and they failed also - they paid less and got what they paid for

When is a knock off or a copy good enough? I reseached both the original Tribord easy breathe , and the Thenice surface snorkle. I looked at the reviews for both and because the Tribord is the original and did all the R&D it receives rave reviews. Yet when I look at it side by side with the Thenice the only visable differences I can really see are as you mentioned the orange top on the Tribord, and yellow on the Thenice, and the mask part around your nose and mouth don't have any color on the original but on the knockoff it does. The negative reviews on the Thenice are non specific and vague with regards to issues and or problems and the writers of said negative reviews never identify themselves where as the people that praise the knockoff do identify themselves. So why am I writing this? Well yes the original Tribord deserves to make a profit on their product and I'm sure they will, but not everyone can afford or wants to spent $200. on one when they can try the other for less than half the price and for all practical purposes they are identical. Now if I'm wrong please let me know what make the original better or what defects does the knock off have other than being a knockoff.
So everyone knows I don't own either of these, but when I read this thread I became curious.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom