What's new

I found "PROOF" that dime boxes are good!

Tattooguy67

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
333
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I found "PROOF" that dime boxes are good!

Found this one today, a 1979S Rosie, and considering the company he was keeping he does not seem to bad, I mean yeah he has some wear, a hair out of place here or there, but when you consider the crowd with which he hung out, I would say he looks pretty fair!
101_0755.jpg


Chuck.
 
Upvote 0
Re: I found "PROOF" that dime boxes are good!

wow! nice catch! i have yet to find a dime proof...just outta curiousity, did u catch him by edge searching??? and was it obvious, cuz im always worried i pass em up by accudent???
 
Re: I found "PROOF" that dime boxes are good!

Thanks ChainChomp, and in my opinion this would be missed by edge searching, I think some really dirty silver might be missed that way to.

Chuck.
 
Re: I found "PROOF" that dime boxes are good!

Cool find, the two proofs I've found this year were fatties, that's the only reason they stood out to me. ffd
 
Re: I found "PROOF" that dime boxes are good!

Tattooguy67 said:
Thanks ChainChomp, and in my opinion this would be missed by edge searching, I think some really dirty silver might be missed that way to.

Chuck.

Since I switched to only edge searching dimes and quarters and I have pulled out a few proofs of each. If you know what to look for, you can usually pick them out.

They usually have wider rims that are crisp. The same is true for halves.

Well worn proofs may get by me though...willing to take that chance...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom