I found the Holy Grail... Multiple Solid Rolls of Silver CWR

Walla183

Sep 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The area I work in is has quite a few banks. One day each week, I take a ride and hunt a few banks during lunch. Visited a bank from my visit last week that had $40 in CWR, managed to pull a clean 1945 Walker from the last roll. After pulling a 40% in the other $50 CWR last week, I'll take it.

Decided to hop in the car and venture into a new part of town, passing by only one bank, figured let's go see what they have. Asked the teller if they had any halves, with the original response of no. The vault teller overheard my request and came over to the teller and said we have $60 in the vault. After a 10 minute wait, she brought them out. Boy was I in for a shock. I looked at one roll, tape falling off and saw a reverse Bender. Flipped it over and saw a Walker. I knew this was going to be epic, so I waited until I got home to crack them open.

Roll one: IMG_0139 (640x480).jpg

Solid roll of 90%'s

Roll two: IMG_0144 (640x480).jpg

Solid roll of 90%'s

Roll three: Clad

Roll four: IMG_0147 (640x480).jpg

18 90%'s

Roll five: IMG_0151 (640x480).jpg

12 90%'s

Roll Six: IMG_0153 (640x480).jpg

Solid roll of 90%'s

From 6 rolls, a whopping 90x 90%'s. Not bad for a 20 minute hunt

IMG_0155 (640x480).jpg
I took a quick video of one of the rolls, still uploading

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice there walla! Something we all hope for but few find! Congrats, Maverick.

CousinLarry

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So wait, some banks will sell you rolls of silver quarters? What am I missing? hahaa
Sorry, newb here!

OP
OP
W

Walla183

Sep 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet cull of silver. I would love to see a group shot of the early walkers especially the '17-S

I will snap detail shots over the weekend.

those pictures almost make me sick haha!! very nice score this is the kind of stuff that keeps me going, thanks for posting and congrats!!

what kind of banks do you guys find cwr's? ive been on multiple road trips going to every bank i see and have only come across 1 bank that had 70 dollars in halves that turned out to be skunks.

The banks I visit are the ones with the doors unlocked. I would say 1 out of every 20 banks I visit has halves. Doesn't stop me from pushing through.

Awesome score, Walla! Scores like that one are definitely few & far between. I wonder how long that treasure sat in their vault, right under their noses??? I pulled 3 solid rolls of 90s a few months back. Awesome feeling, isn't it? I've only been seriously CRHing for about 18 months. A lot if it is luck, but the more banks you hit, the better your chances of a similar score. Congrats!!!

Thanks bluff. I checked the clad roll, latest date was 1996. All tellers were under the impression the bank did not have any halves. Might have been the case where only the vault teller knew what was stashed away, hidden in the back of the vault.

Oh man, my heart started beating faster just reading this. The anticipation would be too much for me. I'd have to check at least one roll once I returned to the car.

The only roll I checked in the car with the double enders was falling apart already. Just enough wiggle room for me to see the entire thing was silver. Judging by the discoloration, I wasn't fully aware they were all 90%'s until I got home and cracked them open.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Good job. yes it happens. Often enough that there are a lot of people on hee who have found rolls like that. Keep plugging,and maybe you'll have a repeat performance in the future. :icon_thumright:

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done.

I doubt I'll ever find something like this, unless I find a branch a CRH'er has never been to, which so far has not been the case.

OP
OP
W

Walla183

Sep 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walla, the suspense is killing me. Answer me this: Is the mintmark on the '17 on the obverse? If so, we need an obverse/reverse picture of it.

Diver, it's on the reverse, normal mintmark placement at 7 o'clock.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done.

I doubt I'll ever find something like this, unless I find a branch a CRH'er has never been to, which so far has not been the case.

All about being in the right place at the right time.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice score Walla, don't forget to ask for other denominations if you find solid rolls like that. Just casually ask if the person who brought these in brought in other denominations as well....who knows what you could find! Odds are they usually just have halves, but you never know :-) Got 3 solid rolls once as well, really exciting to find, hope you find some more!

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. Just wow. What a silver high you must be on. Bug congrats!

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some good huntin'
Congratulations.

p.s.
I think holy grail would be a sealed mint bag of uncirculated WLH. You got the holy goblet.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd go back and see if they had any silver quarters. Usually when they are turning in one type of denominations they are turning in others. Wouldn't it be sweet if there were rolls of pure sweet wild silver quarters there too??

::hiccups and holds of her 2nd bottle of Jack Daniels:: Anyone else want a swig? LOL

Smiles,
Garoulady

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
So wait, some banks will sell you rolls of silver quarters? What am I missing? hahaa
Sorry, newb here!

They sure do! These rolls had "Silver" written on them to make them easier to spot. You Never know what you will find.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• 100_8576.JPG
    100_8576.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 111

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread