Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one that was narrow at each end and wider in the middle. Found at a late 18th / early 19th century cellar hole on the same farm where I found the Large Cent and Flying Eagle this weekend. This may have been a tool rather than a spike. How old did the blacksmith say it was and what was it used for?
IMG_20200406_183559277_HDR.jpg

It won't fit in my top pocket. Should I take it to the blacksmith in Nova Scotia?

Last edited:
Upvote 13

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did anyone VIDEO for you ALSO ???

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ITS A TEMPLARS SPIKE ! ! !

oh wait...

Must have the forging guy talk about it for an episode first.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Nice! That's a 1600's iron crossbow bolt commonly found on Templar aircraft carriers. These ships were made of coconut husks and were known to anchor off of Oak Island during typhoon season. Remarkably, there is a carved rock behind the Oak Island Museum that depicts these Templar aircraft carriers at anchor with all the ship's bows pointed at the Money Pit. See Season 3, Episode 8.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! That's a 1600's iron crossbow bolt commonly found on Templar aircraft carriers. These ships were made of coconut husks and were known to anchor off of Oak Island during typhoon season. Remarkably, there is a carved rock behind the Oak Island Museum that depicts these Templar aircraft carriers at anchor with all the ship's bows pointed at the Money Pit. See Season 3, Episode 8.

SPANISH Templar aircraft carriers.

Episode 12 season 36... yet to be released... but already filmed... right after the Hawaiian flower husks are found.

PS... I call Oak Island ... Gilligan's Island now. :P

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SPANISH Templar aircraft carriers.

Episode 12 season 36... yet to be released... but already filmed... right after the Hawaiian flower husks are found.

PS... I call Oak Island ... Gilligan's Island now. :P

Don't disrespect Gilligan's Island, the professor could have made the Arc of the Covenant out of coconuts if he wanted to,

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Sir, since you appear to be so well versed on the subject, please explain how this ended up in SW Pennsylvania :laughing7:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I wanna see a picture of the carved rock! Better yet run over to the island and take a picture of the Templar aircraft carrier at anchor!

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't disrespect Gilligan's Island, the professor could have made the Arc of the Covenant out of coconuts if he wanted to,
But he couldn't make Noah's ark and get them off the island?

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously, does anyone remember the spike or tool I'm talking about?

Last edited:

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Well Sir, since you appear to be so well versed on the subject, please explain how this ended up in SW Pennsylvania :laughing7:

C'mon Steve....everyone knows that the Templars enslaved the lost colony of Roanoke and had them build subterranean canals (designed by the Masons of course) through Pennsylvania to the Continental Congress Hall in Philadelphia where they hid all the gold and treasure.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Seriously, does anyone remember the spike or tool I'm talking about?

I recall a spike that 99.9 % of the world's population would correctly identify as a modern railroad spike, but somehow the Oak Island gang thought otherwise.

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C'mon Steve....everyone knows that the Templars enslaved the lost colony of Roanoke and had them build subterranean canals (designed by the Masons of course) through Pennsylvania to the Continental Congress Hall in Philadelphia where they hid all the gold and treasure.
Unfortunately for your theory, a subterranean canal built by the Mason's would have taken the shortest straight line route from Roanoke to Philadelphia and would have been about 280 miles east of where I found it. I'm afraid you have lost all your credibility :laughing7::laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Cripes , I finally I.D. something and that's not the question!

Keep checking that area. Them Templar's were sneaky sometimes...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think he did make a Holy Grail out of a coconut once ... didn't he ? if not he should have :)

So the professor was your favorite character ?... mine as well.

BUT... I think I pictured / imagined myself "marooned"... heh... with Ginger and Mary Ann most of the time :)

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Steve... I almost forgot to ID your relic...

It is NOT Templar...

It's Viking...

Viking Toothpick :P

:)

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the opinions on my artifact. I still don't feel I have a positive ID, but I do have some good news. The Oak Island producers want to use it on the show, so we should have a thorough metallurgical evaluation and a positive ID sometime next season.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions