I realize its not a clock. I am referring to the mechanism in the upper right hand corner. You have it in person, I am only looking at a pic, but it appears to be a wind up spring.robertsimons2 said:ya it's not a clock, the dial reads from 0-200..there's only electronics in the back, and there's no way to wind it up. it seems like some kind of radio..but I don't know enough about them to be sure..


just copy and paste the url at the top of the page or type it out starting with http://coin1921 said:CONTROLLER TEMP ON/OFF 100V - AC100-120 0-200
I do not know how to links to web pages, but I believe it is some form of Commercial temperature controller.



Ground, Antenna, Telephone?robertsimons2 said:ok, the first three black nobs say GND ANT and TEL the second three nobs say the same.
Im with Montepollack...it may be a wireless telegraphy apparatus.montepollock said:The black face plate resembles an Atwater Kent radio,the rest of it resembles a power/band indicator.
Some of the early telegraphs used a glass tube filed with s Silver/nickel dust. an electrical charge would cause the metals to clump,or "coher" to one either acting as a switch,or visual indicater.
A clockwork mechanism was necessary to break up the powder by shaking the tube.
This was known as a decoherer.
I remember reading about this in a C1958 Popular Electronics magazine.
This may be useless trivia,but there it is..
let Us know Iv,e always been fascinated By electonic gadgets.
Happy Hunting,Mont
