What's new

I found this in my barn and I cant figure out what it is.

robertsimons2

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 30, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I found this in my barn and I can't figure out what it is.

can some one correctly identify this thing? I have no idea what it is, or what it's worth..pleas help, thanks. :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • thing 1.webp
    thing 1.webp
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,001
  • thing 2.webp
    thing 2.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 981
Re: I found this in my barn and I can't figure out what it is.

Short wave radio. :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Re: I found this in my barn and I can't figure out what it is.

mojjax said:
I sure would like to see a close-up pic of the knobs :read2:
Yes a few more pics would be cool. Also the electronics will help.

What turns the large dial? Is it mechanical, electrical or does it turn by air pressure?
 
Upvote 0
Re: I found this in my barn and I can't figure out what it is.

oldsledz said:
Here is a link to a telephone museum email some pics they may know something.

http://www.montrosemuseum.com/
Im now thinking telegraph or telegram.
 
Upvote 0
Re: I found this in my barn and I can't figure out what it is.

robertsimons2 said:
ok, the first three black nobs say GND ANT and TEL the second three nobs say the same. when I pull the small brass looking nob out the thing starts up and gears start turning. the big black nob is a resistor dial and the bigger brass looking nob controls were the dial is pointing...also, there's a switch in the back that looks like it's made to interrupt or bypass the current while the unit is running. this thing was supposed to get power somehow, and I think it's from one of the small black nobs, because they twist off and reveal what looks like an electrical post...but I still have know idea what this bugger is .. :D
I think you answered my question about the dial. It appears that the dial is a setting that can be adjusted mechanically.
 
Upvote 0
Re: I found this in my barn and I can't figure out what it is.

I,m still curious any new developements?
this ones still not solved I think..
HH,Mont
 
Upvote 0
Re: I found this in my barn and I can't figure out what it is.

I think it is some type of radio/transmitting device and the 0-200 are Ohms. By chance was the person who use to live there, or stored in the barn a member of the Army? Interesting, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Re: I found this in my barn and I can't figure out what it is.

Robertsimons2 hasnt been online since the day he joined to post this a year ago. Its unfortunate that he hasnt checked back. Maybe he will be notified by email and respond but maybe not...
 
Upvote 0
Re: I found this in my barn and I can't figure out what it is.

bigcypresshunter said:
Robertsimons2 hasnt been online since the day he joined to post this a year ago. Its unfortunate that he hasnt checked back. Maybe he will be notified by email and respond but maybe not...

The ole love 'em and leave routine. BCH, this is so true with many new posters, and it leaves us hanging.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom