What's new

I found this three ringer

Truth

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2016
Messages
14,366
Reaction score
32,167
Golden Thread
2
Location
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this three ring or at a Oldfort from the early 1700s through 1930. It’s nothing like all the other three ringers I have found they’re Less pointy any help would be appreciated
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0136.webp
    IMG_0136.webp
    186.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0137.webp
    IMG_0137.webp
    178.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0140.webp
    IMG_0140.webp
    238.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0141.webp
    IMG_0141.webp
    135.3 KB · Views: 62
  • image-2020-06-21-17:35:11-669.webp
    image-2020-06-21-17:35:11-669.webp
    225.8 KB · Views: 51
I think your calipers are off on the digital readout. If the first picture is diameter, according to the scale readout it should be about 13.4mm and the length should be about 25mm. That converts to about a .54 caliber that is .98 inches long. Does this sound about right? If so it is just a variant of a U.S. manufactured .54 3 ringer.
 
Upvote 0
I also agree that's a Union minie. Always nice to see one come out of the ground.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom