Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to the park around my house today and the ground is, sandy due to the Bogue Falaya river so you can dig an aluminum can Easily a foot or more. I found this one token I can barely see the words if y’all can see I would love to know what it i IMG_0585.jpg
IMG_0586.jpg
Then I got this token which I really like because It’s from New Orleans so anything from New Orleans I’m gonna love. L.G Denisl Co
On the back it says IT’S HELL TO BE POOR IMG_0590.jpg
IMG_0591.jpg
My next token it says JAMRS FORTJamestown Virginia IMG_0597.jpg
On the back it say’s “Birthplace of America”
Here’s all my other goodies IMG_0587.jpg
A little colt bullet IMG_0587.jpg
A little pulley that still works to this day IMG_0592.jpg
You got a love a soldier head or not IMG_0593.jpg
IMG_0594.jpg
I’m not sure if it’s a real key or not but it was next to this thing so maybe they got something in common IMG_0593.jpg
IMG_0594.jpg
44 War IMG_0599.jpg
nickel

Some kind of pending BFC image-2020-10-03-18:57:53-145.jpg
Last one It’s just so pretty IMG_0596.jpg

Upvote 26

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice goodies! And all in one day's hunting!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those tokens and relics! :icon_thumright:

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting little selection.

Can’t read the first one, but perhaps more because of the poor focus rather than the corrosion. I can at least see what looks like: ? E S ? R Y ? (or the R might be a K). It should be identifiable with better pics (and maybe some more cleaning).

The ‘HELL TO BE POOR’ item is an advertising piece for L. G. Daniel & Co, in operation from 1910 at 636 Tchoupitoulas and then from 1911-1913 at 641-645 S. Peters in New Orleans. In tiny letters at the bottom on both sides it should say “THE GREEN DUCK CO. CHICAGO” who were makers of all kinds of promotional and advertising items for many years from 1906 onwards.

The Jamestown item is, I think, not a token but a souvenir medallion. These turn up from time to time, but no-one seems to know much about them. Underneath ‘JAMES FORT / JAMESTOWN / VIRGINIA’ it says ‘SOUVENIRS INC’ in smaller letters, so my guess is that this was a gift shop item for visitors. The Jamestown Exposition of 1907 was held in celebration of its tercentenary but, if it was related to that, I would have expected it to say so.

James Fort.jpg

The winged logo metal plate is modern. The letters are ‘DFC’ not ‘BFC’ and stand for “Depart From Conformity”, which was a fashion brand used by Advanced Trading Co. Inc. of California. First use of the trademark in commerce was 1992 and it was registered for “clothing; namely, shirts, tops, pants, shorts, sweater-shirts, T-shirts, jackets, sweaters, socks, shoes, underwear, rainwear, cardigans, hats, caps”.

DFC.jpg

The last item is a standard French ½ franc coin, struck in nickel from 1964-2001, before the adoption of the euro in 2002.

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't quite make out that first one, would love to know if it cleans up. Congrats on another impressive hunt

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Can’t read the first one, but perhaps more because of the poor focus rather than the corrosion. I can at least see what looks like: ? E S ? R Y ? (or the R might be a K). It should be identifiable with better pics (and maybe some more cleaning).

The ‘HELL TO BE POOR’ item is an advertising piece for L. G. Daniel & Co, in operation from 1910 at 636 Tchoupitoulas and then from 1911-1913 at 641-645 S. Peters in New Orleans. In tiny letters at the bottom on both sides it should say “THE GREEN DUCK CO. CHICAGO” who were makers of all kinds of promotional and advertising items for many years from 1906 onwards.

The Jamestown item is, I think, not a token but a souvenir medallion. These turn up from time to time, but no-one seems to know much about them. Underneath ‘JAMES FORT / JAMESTOWN / VIRGINIA’ it says ‘SOUVENIRS INC’ in smaller letters, so my guess is that this was a gift shop item for visitors. The Jamestown Exposition of 1907 was held in celebration of its tercentenary but, if it was related to that, I would have expected it to say so.

View attachment 1868459

The winged logo metal plate is modern. The letters are ‘DFC’ not ‘BFC’ and stand for “Depart From Conformity”, which was a fashion brand used by Advanced Trading Co. Inc. of California. First use of the trademark in commerce was 1992 and it was registered for “clothing; namely, shirts, tops, pants, shorts, sweater-shirts, T-shirts, jackets, sweaters, socks, shoes, underwear, rainwear, cardigans, hats, caps”.

View attachment 1868460

The last item is a standard French ½ franc coin, struck in nickel from 1964-2001, before the adoption of the euro in 2002.

Redcoat once again you surprise me every time I always appreciate you when you read my post and you teach me what I have and I appreciate it

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite a day out Truth!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 1868459

View attachment 1868460

Hey red coat it’s a shot in the dark I’m just wondering if you may see something from a picture that I can’t see from under a microscope. On the bottom isNew Orleans. LA

And on the top I can make out for sure the “R” I’m a 70% SCU- - - -R

SCUVASTR Is what I can see on a maybe. Another thing is it’s not made of brass or aluminum it’s sort of made of pewter or Antimony.

You see where I broke it it makes me sick image-2020-10-04-09:43:05-795.jpg

Last edited:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Truth , You have been blessed with some nice token gestures . I wonder why the good person upstairs gives me gold ? :laughing9:
May he's my side . :goldbar::goldbar: TP

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Truth , You have been blessed with some nice token gestures . I wonder why the good person upstairs gives me gold ? :laughing9:
May he's my side . :goldbar::goldbar: TP

Man tinpan we have come along way First I wanted to take an airline ticket and do your harm and the next thing you know I like you a lot. I like the character and that’s what they call me maybe we’re not characters we just nuts

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yeah I want the one thing I left out a metal detected in 50 tones and I got more relics than I’ve ever gotten before

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 1868459

View attachment 1868460

A red coat I’m gonna try to get a little better view and a much better picture but before I do that should I put it in vinegar or olive oil it’s not a brass token. I appreciate your opinion so much you’ll never know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread