I Found Wandas Wedding Ring

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
I Found Wanda's Wedding Ring

I went up the coast today to Santa Barbara for a day of detecting. With the promise of mild temps and clear skies I knew it would be a good day. I found about 45 clad coins 3 foreign coins and Wanda's wedding band. I wish I knew how I could get it back to her, I am sure it means more to her than me. If anyone has any Ideas about finding Wanda please let me know. Thanks for looking, Rick.

Attachments

• Wanda Ring.jpg
    Wanda Ring.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,127
  • Wanda\'s Ring.JPG
    Wanda\'s Ring.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,127
  • Wanda\'s Wedding Date.JPG
    Wanda\'s Wedding Date.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,118
Upvote 0
OP
OP
DetectoDude

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
Re: I Found Wanda's Wedding Ring

More pics

Attachments

• Santa Barbara Pier.jpg
    Santa Barbara Pier.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,109
  • Beach.jpg
    Beach.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1,100

GaryL

Jan 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Toltec II, GTI 2500

WTG for sure, always nice too return a ring when ya can. That being stated you just gave out to much info., on that one.
Shucks I could call ya and claim it eh!!

However I wounder how many Wanda's their are out there ?

Congrat's on the Gold..

Good Hunting.

GaryL

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm not good at tracking people down, but you could maybe start with the date on the ring? It could be the day of her wedding. Maybe you could talk to someone at the local newspaper and see if they listed the wedding. (At least that's what they do around my parts.)

OP
OP
DetectoDude

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.

GaryL said:
. That being stated you just gave out to much info., on that one.
Shucks I could call ya and claim it eh!!

I would let you have it if your drivers license says WANDA

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DetectoDude said:
Do you think she threw it away in anger?
yup

I_Dig_NYC

Jan 25, 2008
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II

DetectoDude said:
Do you think she threw it away in anger?

I doubt it.
Few years ago we had a family outing at a local beach. My wife returned from a dip and started to shake off some of the water. Suddenly her wedding ring went flying off her finger and into the sand. She was distressed to say the least. We all began scanning the beach for "the metal detector guy" but he had disappeared. Quick thinking and thanks to the large amount of kin present that day I ordered everyone to get on their knees, form a line, and start sifting through the sand. sort of like a search party would do. It was kind of funny that even our dog took a position and was digging too. Within minutes I felt something in my fingers and pulled it out of the sand by some miracle. I was the hero that day and saved the day for my wife. That would have been a very heartbreaking day for us had we not found that ring.
Reading your post I could imagine how Wanda must feel if she indeed did lose that ring. If you were to return it you would be the biggest hero to her. Plus you would gain about a zillion karma points too.

Harry............

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice gold find DD!!!
It makes you "wanda" if she lost it, or threw it. ;D
Congrats,
MM

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT

You will never find Wanda!!!! She may have easily been a tourist from far....far....away.
Dam sun tan lotions!!!!! Been watching ocean force Huntington beach, saw a life guard lost his wedding ring by tower 15 due to sun block. He found it. He was freakin out.
RD

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Rick, you're a good soul.

You can get access to marriage license records somewhere, maybe city hall or at the library..call around and check..that date is your best clue and I would bet not too many Wandas were married on that date.

You can also put an add in the local paper saying you found a ring lost by "Wanda" and it can be claimed by telling you the date inside the band.

Just some ideas.

Good luck,
Nat

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on the gold! You gave too much info already but it would be possible to find the owner with a lot of work and research. Also looks like a touristy area so it is probably a lost cause and you will just have to keep it. I have melted a few down and made a nice ring and earrings for my wife, had them made by a Goldsmith. HH, Mike

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I would contact the local city hall and check to see if there was a Wanda married on that date. It is a long shot but at least you can say you tried.

Here are some of the things that make finding the correct Wanda difficult. Wanda is not that unusual of a name. It was found at the beach where large amounts of people drive to from all over for recreation. Even if Wanda lives in the area it does not mean she did when she was married or maybe she did but the wedding hall was in a different town so that is where the wedding license would be issued. Wanda was married on a Saturday which is the most common day of the week for people to get married.

If you did not post so much information I would suggest a free lost and found ad in the local paper. I guess you could still do that then ask anyone that responds to tell you the exact ring size...I don't think anything was in your pictures that would give away scale. Although since it is a womens ring it would be pretty easy to guess so require to see their wedding license with the November 3rd 1990 date on it.

Good luck

NJ

S

stefen

Just to put your mind at peace, Cristina and I will be passing thru Santa Barbara next Saturday (15th) on our way to the San Simeon Pines Seaside Resort in Cambria and will stop by to thank you for recovering the wedding band.

In fact, we would like to buy you lunch at the seafood restaurant out on the pier.

Just PM me with your name, address and phone so we can make the arrangements ;D

All kidding aside, I'd bet that Wanda was a tourist...

PS We will be passing thru Santa Barbara next Saturday (15th) on our way to the San Simeon Pines Seaside Resort in Cambria

goldenapples

Aug 23, 2007
So.California
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Sunray X-1 Probe Sunray Gold Phones

Oh yeah I love SB its a fav weekend get-a-way for me the girlfriend and the dogs, on the pier in Longboards grill they do a mean 48oz Mai-ti and you get to keep the glass ;D

Maybe you could put a flyer or two up on the pier just saying Gold wedding band found and set up an e-mail address just for the contact info and see if anyone can describe it, or an ad in the local paper, but the beach by the peir is used mostly by tourist's than local's so I think you've got yourself a nice keeper there.

I_Dig_NYC

Jan 25, 2008
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II

I have a good title for the newspaper ad, and for the flyer idea too.........

You heard of "where's Waldo?" right.........

Well......."WHERE'S WANDA ??"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions