What's new

I give up, what is it ?

zenman

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2010
Messages
44
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Palm Beach County Florida
Detector(s) used
IconData unit

Aquapulse AQ1B, TM-808 W/ Cave. Garrett Infinium LS, JW Fisher Pulse 8x, JW Fisher Diver Mag 1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in the surfline up in brevard county, any ideas ? Thanx for any help. I am a newbie so forgive if it's a simple answer.
 
can we get some smaller and clearer photos, and maybe a good description of it? Sort of hard to tell by these. Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to Tnet zenman :hello:

Creskol is right :icon_thumright: Take a focused pic (outside natural lightning is good). Is it silver or aluminum?
 
Upvote 0
Not sure, its light, kind of tinny sounding when struck on something (teeth), haha, I know what a scientist!

Ok, 500 pic's later, this is the best I can do, sory. Thanx for the help.

Zen
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20100726_132707.webp
    IMG_20100726_132707.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_20100726_132726.webp
    IMG_20100726_132726.webp
    5 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_20100726_132707.webp
    IMG_20100726_132707.webp
    2 KB · Views: 550
Upvote 0
Is that a date at the bottom of the image on the left below?
 

Attachments

  • 1212123.webp
    1212123.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 598
Upvote 0
zenman said:
Not sure, its light, kind of tinny sounding when struck on something (teeth), haha, I know what a scientist!

Ok, 500 pic's later, this is the best I can do, sory. Thanx for the help.

Zen
I think you need to look for the macro lens setting on your camera.
It will look like a flower icon. macro.webp


It looks like some kind of aluminum token with a 1 in the center. Maybe a poker chip or laundry/vending token. But it doesnt look very corroded for aluminum on the beach. May be modern (if aluminum). ...or maybe its a different metal. :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • macro.webp
    macro.webp
    342 bytes · Views: 552
Upvote 0
I see 1st Division and on other side an arrow head with branches on both sides. Could be a WW-1 Token of some kind?
DG
 
Upvote 0
Now that I look more closely, I see that its a very worn token/coin. Maybe aluminum, nickel or silver alloyed tossed up by the waves. Did you clean it? Maybe its surf cleaned. I see a 1 in a star and the other side has a tree or arrowhead surrounded by a wreath/branches like dg said. I see a word on top. Im thinking scouts but if it has a date like creskol said, it may be a coin.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Now that I look more closely, I see that its a very worn token/coin. Maybe aluminum, nickel or silver alloyed tossed up by the waves. Did you clean it? Maybe its surf cleaned. I see a 1 in a star and the other side has a tree or arrowhead surrounded by a wreath/branches like dg said. I see a word on top. Im thinking scouts but if it has a date like creskol said, it may be a coin.


Is it an arrowhead or a pine tree? :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
My guess is tree. I found a silver coin on the Treasure Coast years ago with a similar tree on one side but I cant find the old post in Beach & Shallow Water..
 
Upvote 0
Thanx to all for the welcome ! Hello to all ! I have put a magnifying glass to this thing, so if DG can see all that, we need to patent his eye's ! I can kind of make out what looks like 1875 or 1872 on the bottom of the circle side.
 
Upvote 0
Heres my little tree coin I found on the beach. I dont think it will help us here but it sure looks like the same tree or arrowhead. :dontknow: Made me think of it when I saw it. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,51335.0.html

I think this tree is on the back of an 1800's Spanish colonial or Central American silver coin. :icon_scratch: :-\ I think mine turned out to be a 1/4 or 1/2 reale.
 

Attachments

  • MVC-007E.webp
    MVC-007E.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 533
  • MVC-007E.webp
    MVC-007E.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 527
Upvote 0
BigC,

Does the other side look like the same as the one I found ? That tree on yours is definantly like the one on mine.
 
Upvote 0
zenman said:
BigC,

Does the other side look like the same as the one I found ? That tree on yours is definantly like the one on mine.
The other side was heavily corroded. I cant remember what it was IDed as. I think it turned out to be an 1800's Spanish colonial coin. Maybe it would help if I could find where I put it but I dont remember that either. My search on the internet comes up empty. But the tree/arrowhead sure looks similar.

I found it on the Treasure Coast around Sebastian. The mystery continues....

tree coin silver.webptree coin unk.webp
 
Upvote 0
Funny, same area I found mine. hmmmmm.
 
Upvote 0
ah cmon..it is cuban one centavo!
 
Upvote 0
yep its a 1978 or 19 85( if aluminum *) cuban one centavo (cent) coin (look at the bottom area a long the rim area on the side with 1 within the star--) and you will see the "date" -- the flip side is a sheild with a coat of arms on it -- since they only started making that style coin in 1915 (copper /nickle blend)it can not be any older than that.
 
Upvote 0
In checking my Krause book on World Coins, it does not appear that they have a centavo coin dated 1975. only ones with a 5 in the dates are 1915, and 1985.

If that is a 1915 it is copper/nickle .. if 1985 it is aluminum.

Anyhow, That was a great ID on its origin .. I learned something there! Thanks! :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • 15cub1.webp
    15cub1.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 374
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
LaZoOro said:
ah cmon..it is cuban one centavo!

Never seen one before :read2: Nice ID LaZoOro :icon_thumright: What is the metal composition?

Green check on this neat find:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,259097.0.html

KM# 33.1 CENTAVO
0.7300 g., Aluminum Obv: National arms within wreath,denomination below Rev: Roman denomination within circle of
star, date below Rev. Leg.: PATRIA Y LIBERTAD Note: Shield
varieties exist.

1978 or 1979
greetings
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom