I got a friend near me into Metal Detecting

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking now maybe i shouldn't have !!! I got him going the middle of Oct 2021 He bought a Equinox 800 and has been doing AMAZING WITH it around me!!! I am thinking now I probably should not have got someone so close to me detecting LOL Here is a picture of SOME of his finds. He goes EVERY DAY 4 to 8 hours a day detecting
RodneyCoins.jpg

Last edited:

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang Gare,maybe you should take lessons from him!Nice that you got another guy into the hobby!Way to go!
...Gare sent me a machine and He gives the instruction with lesson plans over the phone. Make yourself a test/practice area with seeded coins to learn your machine, for one.
I haven’t payed him anything. Out of the goodness in his soul. He made it so I couldn’t say No.
It is people like him that makes this treasure site great and our North American continent the greatest ever on this planet...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
...Gare sent me a machine and He gives the instruction with lesson plans over the phone. Make yourself a test/practice area with seeded coins to learn your machine, for one.
I haven’t payed him anything. Out of the goodness in his soul. He made it so I couldn’t say No.
It is people like him that makes this treasure site great and our North American continent the greatest ever on this planet...
I am thinking now maybe i shouldn't have !!! I got him going the middle of Oct 2021 He bought a Equinox 800 and has been doing AMAZING WITH it around me!!! I am thinking now I probably should not have got someone so close to me detecting LOL Here is a picture of SOME of his finds. He goes EVERY DAY 4 to 8 hours a day detecting
View attachment 1999164
Well that picture is worth a thousand words. Very nice! Well done Fat!
What a gift and it sure seems it was well received by the finds, and the hours going out detecting.
Gare you're a rare breed sir, with the giving and sharing.:icon_salut::hello2:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I am confused. Fat is not close to Gare. 🤔

It is awesome that you are sharing in such a big way, Gare.

Fat, I look forward to seeing your finds. Now you can multi task, metal detecting and artifacts hunting. 🤗

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I am confused. Fat is not close to Gare. 🤔

It is awesome that you are sharing in such a big way, Gare.

Fat, I look forward to seeing your finds. Now you can multi task, metal detecting and artifacts hunting. 🤗
...I’m not close, those are not my finds.
Gare pm a year ago or so contacted me and wanted to talk on phone. So I gave my number and we have stayed in touch.
It’s been a neat experience I can’t really explain, humbling and heart warming...

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said,Fat.Nicely done!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
...I’m not close, those are not my finds.
Gare pm a year ago or so contacted me and wanted to talk on phone. So I gavmy number and we have stayed in touch.
It’s been a neat experience I can’t really explain, humbling and heart warming...
Now it makes sense. Well I am glad Gare is so generous. 😊

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to set everyone straight. I did not give fat a machine. he is going to pay me for it next month. I just wanted to
help[ him get started before his GROUND FROZE. One more thing did you all know Fat is 1/5th Ace when it comes to shooting down a air plane. To be a ace you need to shoot down 5 planes he has only shot down ONE !!!! ASK HIM !!! LOL

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to set everyone straight. I did not give fat a machine. he is going to pay me for it next month. I just wanted to
help[ him get started before his GROUND FROZE. One more thing did you all know Fat is 1/5th Ace when it comes to shooting down a air plane. To be a ace you need to shoot down 5 planes he has only shot down ONE !!!! ASK HIM !!! LOL
Gare and Fat,two of the good guys on here.That,s my story,I,m sticking to it.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..pay? I would rather owe than pay you. Hahaa funny joke. I’ll pay, it wasn't a gift.

Edit
Fat

WHY don't you tell these people how to SHOOT DOWN A AIR PLANE YOUR IN HAHAHAAHAHAHAA

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
...I have rode out 2 airplane crashes.
I have had family on both side that are pilots. I have logged a lot of hours as co-pilot.
When I was 5ish? my uncle belly landed a plane when a retractable gear wouldn't go down. He was a great pilot and we walked away.
In the early 90’s I worked for a spray pilot. In the off season we hunted coyotes. Mostly running dogs but also with a piper cub upgraded with a 135 hp engine. It was all legal than and you can still get a permit to do it nowadays.
We were in the Sandhills close to Gordon Ne. Ron was pilot, I was the gunner in back I would get on my knee and twist around shoot out the window with a shotgun. I shot a hole in the prop about a 8 inches from the tip. He was a great pilot and we walked away.
There are pics and the prop but I haven’t got my hands on them yet..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread