What's new

I got a memo from another bank about a coin roll scam

coincollector101

Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2007
Messages
534
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Some African American man when into a bank with a bunch of rolled coins.
Quarters threw pennies.

The Pennies and nickels were fed Wrapped the dimes and quarters were hand wrapped.
The Quarter and dime rolls just had a quarter and dimes on the end and the rest were Slugs.

He was in a dress shirt and tie with bluejeans on.

I thought everyone would to hear about it.

Happy hunting,
CC
 
Upvote 0
It's scum like that that will make my banks quit taking rolled coin.
 
yep it is I thought the same thing when I read it.

He even looked like a bad person
 
Our bank has started requesting people use clear wrappers for rolled coins. I don't even know where to get clear wrappers?????
 
Wow!
I thought Patrick Earl lived in Memphis??? :-\
 
you don't wan to know, or you could ask other people on list, but you might get the same answer too. I WOULD NOT GO THERE.

ddd


mastereagle22 said:
Who is Patrick Earl?
 
Ok so let me rephrase, was this comment directed at the above mentioned person or me? Cause I really didn't know they made clear coin wrappers and still don't know where to get any. ???
 
mastereagle22 said:
Cause I really didn't know they made clear coin wrappers and still don't know where to get any. ???
As far as I know they do not make clear wrappers for the general public. That bank does not know diddly about coin rolls. It would have to be a very large machine to count and shrinkwrap coins in a clear wrapper.

If that bank wants clear wrappers let them furnish and roll them too.
 
Well I don't coin roll hunt so it isn't a big deal to me but when I went to turn in found clad, yes it was clean, they told me they only accepted coins in clear wrappers. I thought that the only place I saw coins like this was from a bank. Thank you for confirming for me that I am not nuts.

I took it to the only person working for the bank that has been there longer than a year and she just had me write my name and phone number on the rolls of coins.

Oh well. . .

Good luck to you CRHers!
 
Down here you can't even exchange coin for paper unless you have an account with the bank. Shoot, you can barely cash a check at a bank unless you have an account there.

Here is the real Patrick Earl Houston, well sort of ;D -http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,94161.0.html I noticed he deleted many of his early posts trying to cover his a$$. I thought he was gone from the forum but I guess he still lingers like a bad fart. Mods feel free to delete if you wish.
Sincerely,
Redneck cracker chalkie :) :) :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom