Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I got this message:

I would like to invite you to join eBay Expression, a panel of sellers who share feedback on potential changes to the eBay experience, through surveys, small-group discussions, and one-on-one calls. If you join, your input could influence eBay design and functionality used by millions of people.
======================================================
Has anyone joined and given them a scathing review and then all of a sudden your sales dropped? I think if I joined and told them what I really think of them they would take retribution.

I have no problem with the 10% sellers fee but it is all the dumb rules that sellers have to follow so we don't offend the buyer. I am still ticked off that we can not leave a negative review for a buyer. (and that was a long time ago)

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I would like to invite you to join eBay Expression, a panel of sellers who share feedback on potential changes to the eBay experience, through surveys, small-group discussions, and one-on-one calls. If you join, your input could influence eBay design and functionality used by millions of people.
Has anyone joined and given them a scathing review and then all of a sudden your sales dropped? I think if I joined and told them what I really think of them they would take retribution.

I have no problem with the 10% sellers fee but it is all the dumb rules that sellers have to follow so we don't offend the buyer. I am still ticked off that we can not leave a negative review for a buyer. (and that was a long time ago)

You can leave a negative review for a buyer but you have to leave it as a positive feedback. Them making it to where you can't leave a negative for a buyer was dumb. That and their ridiculous fees, charging tax now and profiting off shipping charges did it for me.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There have been a couple of times where I left a snarky "positive" review.

The charging tax thing is actually the state doing a money grab and not ebay. They are forced into that (so id etsy, facebook marketplace and I am sure many others)

I always add any anticipated fees into my sell price. The customer pays for eBay's greediness not me.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Join the Better Business Bureau... and pay the dues... and watch your GOOD reviews go up and your Bad reviews go down. E-bay, BBB, (put any association here), all a gimmick to collect your money. ╦╦C

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions