Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys IM STILL ALIVE I know you haven’t been hearing from me but it is just too hot and my spot is too far for a gamble. But I did get a chance to go to the Shell mound and after 3 wasted trips finally came back with two grape shots in one hole. They are smaller than the one I found there last year. And much smaller than the cannonball I found two months ago lol. So afterI looked at them and soaked in the high I ran to my to my truck and was satisfied guys the humidity here is crazy. I appreciate you looking and I hope everybody’s much success.

Attachments

• IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    979.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0322.jpg
    IMG_0322.jpg
    1,015.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 54
Upvote 25

FloodcityTom

Jun 25, 2020
West Va
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher gold Bug, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find I'm wondering if the shot is connected to the celebrated battle of New Orleans; Andy Jackson teamed up with LaFitte....them redcoats Never had a chance 8-)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool finds, congrats! :occasion14:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Truth, glad you can get out!

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hot day, but some cool finds! Congrats!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find I'm wondering if the shot is connected to the celebrated battle of New Orleans; Andy Jackson teamed up with LaFitte....them redcoats Never had a chance 8-)

It was at Fort in New Orleans that was built on top of a shell mound but it never saw action. I like to feel that the reason why this particular Fort was because Andrew Jackson stop them where the redcoats came at the Mississippi River. You know as soon as those red coats got to New Orleans they set up camp on the other side of the river and when Jackson heard that he said, “They will not sleep a wink on our soil“. So they started blasting wherever there was a campfire. I’ve been to the battlefield and I like how he only made it accessible on the battlefield he made those redcoats half to come by way of swamp so once they did make it to the clearing they were exhausted they could barely get their cannons through and he stomped those redcoats. He is a true hero of New Orleans. IMG_0326.jpg The beauty of it was we had already signed a treaty with the redcoats two weeks before the battle but we haven’t got word on it before Mr. Jackson smashed the strongest fleet in the world. And you know if they would’ve beat us they would’ve reneged on the treaty Those nasty redcoats.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is the cannonball I found across the bayou from where the Fort was. It’s 8 pounds which was used by the French in the late 1600s before the Spanish took it over. IMG_0694.jpg
IMG_0696.jpg
IMG_0708.jpg

FloodcityTom

Jun 25, 2020
West Va
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher gold Bug, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You are blessed to have unearthed a piece of OUR history. Continued good luck sir!

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi truth, Nice finds . Got any protesters stuck under the back wheel of your truck ? :laughing9: tp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread