What's new

Here we go again

Gare

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2012
Messages
13,421
Reaction score
30,266
Golden Thread
0
Location
Canton Ohio Area
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got an email about 2 to three weeks ago A guy was playing in about 5 feet of water and threw a ball to a friend. While doing this throw his wedding ring came off. in the water. i told them i would loan them a underwater detector and a scoop and i was sure they could find it. They were very reluctant !!! But said they would give it a try. me being going on 80 years old i do not have the same drive I used to have. I told them I had all the equipment they would need and i would teach them how to look for it. So I took a Nokta Legend with water proof head phones and a scoop and went to the lake with them I showed them how to swing the coil and how to use the scoop properly. . That same day they looked for about 3 hours and gave up . They live in Columbus Ohio about 2 1/2 hours from me. They went home and took my detector and equipment with them. I told them to as i had never used the Legend . I just wanted it returned back to me. Last week they did not come back up. There father lived at the lake . So i called them last Thursday and told them i would like the detector back and they said they would give it back to me this weekend if that was ok and i told them that would be fine. They called me about 9 am and told me they was here and would like to use it again for a few hours before returning it and I said fine but i did need to go places today to get things done. They then called me ABOUT 10 am screaming THANK YOU THANK YOU . Which i assumed meant one thing LOL. I was right BINGO !!! I can not tell you how happy it makes me to help people :)

FoundRing.webp
Ring Finders.webp
 
Upvote 39
That is the 4th ring I had helped people find from that lake in the last 7 days I think
 
Last edited:
When your hand is in water for a time it always shrinks up a bit.
 
Great help! Glad you got your detector back!
 
My biggest thrill any more is making people happy :)
 
Now this is what our hobby is all about not only helping yourself but helping others as well! Well done and a superb example Gare of who we really are! Thank you!
 
I can not explain this properly but I just really enjoy returning things that people think are lost for ever. When ever you do this BE SURE to have hankies ready for the tears :_)


Thank you for the kind words scruggs
 
Good job !!!! Always a good thing to help someone in need.
 
Thank you Charlie I feel the same way
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom