OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear of such a SNAFU. Thankfully you haven't any muscle problems. I had a Major Stroke back in 2018 in the spring. It left me 1/2 paralyzed on my dominant side. I can still get around but, had to learn how to right left handed. I can still tect if I want but, it is a pain in the but, so I don't very often. Hang in there Terry !
I appreciate the words of encouragement from you, Pepperj, and others! I got knocked down. Now, it is time to get up, brush off and move on. ╦╦C

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You just can't keep a Devil Dog Down. Sorry to hear of your situation, but with sheer Motivation and Determination you will come back better than before. It sounds as if you are on your way to recovery. Hang Tough Leatherneck, and as said, Semper Fi!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the clot thing,in my sleep too. Eye doc said it wouldn,t get better but in about 6 weeks it absorbed or something and I was good to go.Still hate to hear it and wishing you good things.Keep the faith.Semper Fi always.
I am told a piece of cholesterol broke off and stopped the blood in the artery. My sight will come back when.... and if the brain re-routes the nerves that were destroyed. Here's hoping! ╦╦C

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, not my favorite Terry C post. You're pretty tough so it's probably just a temporary aggravation and you'll wake up one morning just fine. Doctors always give you the worst case scenario anyway. And for the big one, I suppose I'd prefer to die in my sleep just like my Grandpa, instead of like the passengers screamin and yellin in his car. Take care bud, keep us posted, we're all thinkin about you.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Terry, any updates? How you coming along?
I can now read SOME letters but not an entire word yet. Better than in January, though. SLOOOOOW going. Tnx for the concern. ╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, not my favorite Terry C post. You're pretty tough so it's probably just a temporary aggravation and you'll wake up one morning just fine. Doctors always give you the worst case scenario anyway. And for the big one, I suppose I'd prefer to die in my sleep just like my Grandpa, instead of like the passengers screamin and yellin in his car. Take care bud, keep us posted, we're all thinkin about you.
Very much appreciate the words, RGINN. 72 years ago the average lifespan was what.... 70? I already got that beat at 72!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh Almighty Terry. Not the kind of post I wanna read. Hope things improve real quick on your end. You take it easy will okay.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gosh Almighty Terry. Not the kind of post I wanna read. Hope things improve real quick on your end. You take it easy will okay.
It is what it is....... just my turn, I guess. I MUST regroup and move on. The alternative does not appeal to me! Take care, my friend. Terry

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha ha! VERY good, Marty. May turn into a SOUTHPAW shooter. I went shooting. Using a B27 (police silhouette), I was still able to keep my pistol hits CENTER MASS without my right eye seeing the target! THAT is from hundreds of thousands of "bustin' caps" during my police pistol shooting matches. Left eye is for the rifle, now. I'll make it. Tnx for the post, my friend. Terry
Good luck Terry I hope you have a complete recovery !!! Will pray for you !!!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can now read SOME letters but not an entire word yet. Better than in January, though. SLOOOOOW going. Tnx for the concern. ╦╦C
Good to hear brother! Had to laugh at your slooww remark. Typical jarhead remark, "I want it done and I want it done now! And it better be done perfect or there'll be bends & mother fers for everyone forever!

Glad as hell glad to hear you're OK And progressing!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good to hear brother! Had to laugh at your slooww remark. Typical jarhead remark, "I want it done and I want it done now! And it better be done perfect or there'll be bends & mother fers for everyone forever!

Glad as hell glad to hear you're OK And progressing!
OORAH!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry P_lease keep us posted . Is there ANYTHING you need or WANT ? maybe even some books ?

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry P_lease keep us posted . Is there ANYTHING you need or WANT ? maybe even some books ?
I'll keep you and all posted. Hey, you got any "left-eyed" books? Ha ha! Take care. ╦╦C

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll keep you and all posted. Hey, you got any "left-eyed" books? Ha ha! Take care. ╦╦C
I've got a left handed crescent wrench & screwdriver, would those help? I think they're in the shop next to my bucket of prop wash under the 50' of flight line I scavenged...........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions