I had a stroke!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope it gets better soon. Might have to do what the old-timers did when their eyesight got bad, they switched to shotguns.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ha ha ha! VERY good, Marty. May turn into a SOUTHPAW shooter. I went shooting. Using a B27 (police silhouette), I was still able to keep my pistol hits CENTER MASS without my right eye seeing the target! THAT is from hundreds of thousands of "bustin' caps" during my police pistol shooting matches. Left eye is for the rifle, now. I'll make it. Tnx for the post, my friend. Terry

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How rare are eye strokes during sleep?
I have no idea. I suspect they can happen awake or asleep...... no preference, as they say. All I can say is I hope the BIG ONE occurs in my sleep. ╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry,
I learned it as "Improvise, adapt and overcome'.
Either way, I'm sure you will find a way. Best of luck.
Don......
The only place I have ever heard that version was in the Clint Eastwood flic. Never heard it in the Marine Corps. ╦╦C

Nevada Prospector

Aug 16, 2017
Southern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher GB II, Etc, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Other
An eye stroke. Not affecting motor function. Most of the vision in my SHOOTING eye (right) is gone. Doctors are working on it. Happened while sleeping so I woke up to the new norm. Assess, adapt, move on! ╦╦C
Terry, I'm sad to hear that. I hope you recover some sight in that eye. My father in law had that happen to him and he got most of it back. Ya know at our age some things happen but let's always hope for the best. --Jim

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, I'm sad to hear that. I hope you recover some sight in that eye. My father in law had that happen to him and he got most of it back. Ya know at our age some things happen but let's always hope for the best. --Jim
Tnx, Jim. I was told it would not get better but may get worse. POPPYCOCK! I already believe some of the sight is returning since the stroke on Jan 6th. Lord, all I need is enough to DRAW A BEAD! Amen! ╦╦C

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha ha! VERY good, Marty. May turn into a SOUTHPAW shooter. I went shooting. Using a B27 (police silhouette), I was still able to keep my pistol hits CENTER MASS without my right eye seeing the target! THAT is from hundreds of thousands of "bustin' caps" during my police pistol shooting matches. Left eye is for the rifle, now. I'll make it. Tnx for the post, my friend. Terry
I was just partially joking, I was thinking of the Judge pistol firing self-defense shotgun shells.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tnx, Jim. I was told it would not get better but may get worse. POPPYCOCK! I already believe some of the sight is returning since the stroke on Jan 6th. Lord, all I need is enough to DRAW A BEAD! Amen! ╦╦C
Screw what the doc said! You know they always try to prep us for the worst. Just like PT brother focus, push on & remember you got a little more in ya when you think you're out of gas! Get better so you can piss the doc off jarhead! Semper Fi!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to hear that Terry, hopefully it will come back eventually to where you can sight things in again.
Best of luck

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear of such a SNAFU. Thankfully you haven't any muscle problems. I had a Major Stroke back in 2018 in the spring. It left me 1/2 paralyzed on my dominant side. I can still get around but, had to learn how to right left handed. I can still tect if I want but, it is a pain in the but, so I don't very often. Hang in there Terry !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions