What's new

I have a question ? when did the mints start rolling coins

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2009
Messages
2,804
Reaction score
99
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i go to my bank i always ask for any halfs if they have them the teller will sell them to me face value even if they are silver anyway the bank manager who i know a long time today asked me if i was interested in 1000.00 worth of old standing liberty half's all in there original rolls that would be 2000 coins a customer came in this morning and made a deposit with them ,he showed me 1 roll it looks like a cloth roll not paper i can see a SLH on each end ,if i want them i have to go there by tomorrow morning to get them or the bank breaks the rolls open and i guess re rolls them question is does what i explanation sound right on the material of the rolls . Thanks for any help Dd60
 
Upvote 0
Who cares what they are wrapped in. Go get them! If not send me a pm and I'll go get them myself.
HH
enamel7
 
I second that!!! Go and grab them up before someone else does!! Nothing like 12X+ your money at the drop of a hat!!
 
Deepdiger60 said:
i have to go there by tomorrow morning to get them
If I were you I would have already been there to pick them up. 2000 coins would have a silver value of $13,223.60

The manager can't promise you they are all Walking libertys. Some Barbers may have snuck into those rolls 70-75 years ago.
 
I strongly agree with enamel7 . Go get those rolls. It does not matter what they are rolled in or when they were rolled. I would have taken them on the spot.
SilverMiser
 
I won't have so much as blinked.
"I'll take them all".
- Doesn't matter what's in there, I would gladly manage the $990 in dumps for a single roll.
 
I would have sent another crh'er for a professional appraisal.
 
We are talking about Walking Liberty 1916–1947, correct?
The only "Standing Liberty I'm aware of is the 1917ish Quarter.
 
Dang!
I'm hoping you can get them, they turn out to be exactly what you suspect they are, and you then post some juicy pictures for everyone's silver satisfaction!!
- Grizz
 
Either get down there with the money or let me know where the bank is. :o I'll drive there from Ct. :thumbsup:
 
You seriously had to ask? I can't believe the bank manager didn't jump on that one. He must be a better friend than you thought. :icon_scratch:

You best be posting some pictures tomorrow.
 
Are we talking walkers here?
 
Seriously, do you have to ask ? Seriously ?

Be there, buy them and let the rest of us (vicariously) live through your awesome adventure........that you will post about on this forum.

Oh yeah, enjoy the high.
 
What exactly are you asking for? Our blessing to go get them? If the world hottest woman walked up to you and asked if you wanted to sleep with her, do you need to ask someone??? Please do us all a favor and let the back into circulation so we might get a shot at them.... >:D >:D >:D >:D


Hurry and go get them before I do. :happy1:
 
if ur talkin walkers, then we shouldnt even be having this conversation, but u should be saying "found 1985 walkers, 5 barbers, 1 seated lib. half, and 9 uncirc. kennedy 1964 halves today!!!!!" (or something to that affect)
good luck on buying 2000 walkers at face value tomorrow, hope they r still there!
keep it up and hh!
 
Fredness said:
We are talking about Walking Liberty 1916–1947, correct?
The only "Standing Liberty I'm aware of is the 1917ish Quarter.
My mistake i meant walking liberty thanks for the correction Dd60
 
thurmownator said:
Seriously, do you have to ask ? Seriously ?

Be there, buy them and let the rest of us (vicariously) live through your awesome adventure........that you will post about on this forum.

Oh yeah, enjoy the high.
Iam not really interested in the value of the coins what i was asking was if those half's are in the original rolls from the mint because there could be some un circulated coins in there iam more interested in the condition
 
Deepdiger60 said:
thurmownator said:
Seriously, do you have to ask ? Seriously ?

Be there, buy them and let the rest of us (vicariously) live through your awesome adventure........that you will post about on this forum.

Oh yeah, enjoy the high.
Iam not really interested in the value of the coins what i was asking was if those half's are in the original rolls from the mint because there could be some un circulated coins in there iam more interested in the condition

For 13,000.00 dollars you could buy your own Mint State Walkers. Get the d@mn coins.
 
:icon_scratch: :dontknow: icon_violin.gif
 

Attachments

  • icon_violin.gif
    icon_violin.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 594

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom