I have a Question!

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
ok i just bought my 1st CZ5 and iv got a question.iv had 30+ other detectors in 30+ years of detecting ,from an old Bounty Hunter 150D to an Excalibur and this is the 1st and ONLY detector iv ever owned that will pick up Gold Rings and Ignore Pull Tabs! I checked it with 5 diff gold rings and they all read as foil or pull tab on the meter and sound off good audio. With 2 diff shape pull tabs there is NO audio response at all! my disc is set @ 2 it also id's a nickle with good audio ...this is just too good to be true! are all the CZ's this way? if so iv been missing out on a whole new world of TH'n. and I'm going to buy 2 more and put them up for the future!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you may have is a throw back. Not all detectors are created equal even of the same make an model. This is not a normal occurance for the CZ line. I have a CZ6a that will sometimes do this with the small snipper coil only, but only sometimes.

I suggest you try the test again with different tabs and a few more rings on a clean piece of ground that you've ground balanced against. Air tests don't work well as during hunting conditions you will be hunting the dirt. Also check the response of a gold ring on top of a big nail. Many of the detectors that will sound off on the ring are only Minelabs.

By the way, the 6a is an upgrade from the CZ5 and CZ6

Sandman

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Sandman. I don't think you will be able to demonstrate the same thing in ground where it counts.

CZ 6 is not an upgrade from the 5....could be called a down grade as you would have to spend money to bring one up to the 5 or 6a standard. Main problem was the odd coil connector size so other CZ coils won't fit and the flying lead for the headphones that could cause problems.
5 and 6a are the same except the 6a has rainproofing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread