I have lost me lesche twice. Anyone else?

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have lost my lesche twice while hunting in the woods. I put it in my belt til I need it. I have been lucky to have found it both times. But hunted with a Guy who lost his and never found it in a huge overgrown field. I am thinking about getting a spray can of paint in bright orange and painting the handle. Maybe I can find a way to hang it on my belt where it won't come off. Mine is the 18" mini Samson. How do you carry yours? I don't like carrying it all the time.

Upvote 0

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only use my hand digging Lesche while hunting, my mini Sampson if just too darn big and rarely do i ever dig over 10" so I don't feel the need for the mini sampson. I have attached a small lanyard to my hand digging lesche so i don't accidentally lose it.

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Just curious how you are losing it. Is it falling out of the sheath? Or are you just leaving it somewhere?

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No moon, I found it with my eyes. I don't have a sheath. I wear a belt with my pouch, as tight as I can get it and put the tee handle under the belt. And, I was hunting in the woods. I don't use it in parks or yards.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On separate occasions I've left my pinpointer and raptor digger behind at night and had to back track to locate them. I try to make a habit if slipping the pinpointer into my finds pouch ASAP after finding target and returning my digger to its sheath before moving on.

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry my Sampson, smaller lesche and the pinpointer in a carrier I made for holding dirt. Basically a large piece of demin stapled to tomato stakes. maybe 12" wide and 18" long. When I dig a hit I lay it on the ground next to the target so everything I right there. After retrieving the target I just put the tools back in the "carrier" and the demin sags enough to hold the tools in place.

Since I started doing this a couple years ago nothing has been lost. Before that a couple pinpointers were gone.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had my lesche hand digger fall out once, without me knowing it. A friend, I was hunting with, happened to find it.

Just a few days ago, I left my TRX PP on the ground, first time ever leaving a PP. I backtracked and found it. The orange cap that is supposed to help you see them, was covered by leafs...

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got in a good routine after my dig to check for my stuff before I move on. Once I got so far back in light woods and forgot my smokes in the car. I thought I'd be faster to lay my detector and stuff down and run fast to the car and come right back. I thought I knew exactly were I left it and started to panic when I couldn't find the stuff for a half hour wandering around. Never again! (:

DixieLandMan

Sep 18, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202, White's MXT, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I left mine on the back bumper of my truck and then went home to get batteries. On the way back, I saw it laying in the middle of the road. I picked it up and realized that my pin pointer was also missing now. Found both and continued to MD.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread