I Have Lucky Socks! Do You Have any "Lucky" Clothing?

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. I have never been one to believe in "luck" but, on my Sunday hunt when I found my first Spanish silver reale and 1700's coin I was wearing a brand new pair of socks. Quicksilver Steady "Technical Riding Socks". Don't ask me what technical riding is but I do like the socks. I didn't realize when finding my first Spanish silver I was wearing "Quicksilver" socks. When I finally got my boots off I kinda' chuckled a bit at having chosen the Quicksilver socks for this particular hunt.

Does anyone have a piece of clothing they consider "lucky". I know baseball players can get really weird with their lucky clothing items. Anyhow just curious and bored before retiring to bed. BTW, don't mind my messy computer desk. The maid will be in tomorrow to clean things up.:laughing9: Kurios1

Lucky Socks! 003.JPG

Last edited:

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope but i did carry around a barber quarter for awhile hoping it would attract like coins.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Whoa! Had to turn down the brightness on my monitor:laughing7:. Can't say I do. Maybe I should:icon_thumleft:

I don't see a mess. I see a display!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope no such thing as lucky objects. I do the research and math and end up better than hoping on luck.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I usually shave before I go out detecting, wife replied once " I notice you always shave before you go out detecting, what's up???" I have to look good for the squirrels Dear.
Lucky socks, hat, pants, vest or any other piece of wear is simply that "lucky" if a person feels good about what they wear/or look like that will translate into a more comfortable hunt-and that can translate into more finds.

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no lucky clothing, but I keep forgetting to take off a silver and bronze ring I have on my dirt hand, so every time I pick up a handful of dirt to run over the coil I get a hot signal, then find nothing there.

Wudnut

May 20, 2017
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a lucky sweat shirt, it's rather old and getting beat up but i only wear it when i go archery hunting for deer, seems to be my good luck charm== yes i wash it!! LOL

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I brought a wheat penny that I found, and put it in a circa 1910 lucky aluminum lucky penny holder that I also found, and carried it around for a while to bring luck. It didn't really work though lol! My dad's co worker who had recently moved from China gave my dad a hand woven wool lanyard-like piece, with Chinese coins from the 1200's woven into it. This was made by someone from his family back in China, and is mean't to bring good luck. My dad gave it to me, because I am "The coin expert". It might not be a bad idea to keep it in a safe spot while I metal detect and see if it brings any good luck, cool piece anyways though!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually shave before I go out detecting, wife replied once " I notice you always shave before you go out detecting, what's up???" I have to look good for the squirrels Dear.
Lucky socks, hat, pants, vest or any other piece of wear is simply that "lucky" if a person feels good about what they wear/or look like that will translate into a more comfortable hunt-and that can translate into more finds.

I am with you on the shaving for the most part. If I am going into the public I am usually clean shaven unless it's after work then the 5:00 o'clock shadow might be starting but, with my double edged razor shaving system I still look pretty clean. When in the woods or fields where I don't expect to see anyone I may have a day or two growth on. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope no such thing as lucky objects. I do the research and math and end up better than hoping on luck.

Agreed. Nothing tops research and getting on target to find the good stuff. I don't believe these socks are actually "lucky". I was more bored and wanted to show off my psychedelic socks. I did think it kind of ironic they were the Quicksilver brand I chose for this hunt.:icon_thumright:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nope, I don't. I carry my detector(s) for good luck!:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread