What's new

I have no idea?

kuger

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
9,732
Reaction score
2,803
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A buddy has found two of these now,and I for the life of me cant figure out what they are?The "arms",are spring loaded,and there are "ears"at the top to open them.The stem in the middle has a "groove"
 

Attachments

  • whatsit.webp
    whatsit.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 427
I would say an antique draw bar linch pin- kind of like these new ones--http://www.ytmag.com/store/parts/pics/wm_DKP14.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Its around 5 inches
 
Upvote 0
Why Mr. Kuger, you don't know that that is?????
Well I'm not going to tell you!!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:


Tim
 
Upvote 0
can wee get a photo of the other side?? any markings or numbers on them??
 
Upvote 0
doublet2a said:
Why Mr. Kuger, you don't know that that is?????
Well I'm not going to tell you!!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:


Tim
::)
 
Upvote 0
doublet2a said:
Why Mr. Kuger, you don't know that that is?????
Well I'm not going to tell you!!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:


Tim

Timmy,if you know what it is I might not want to know!!! :laughing7:
lostcauses said:
can wee get a photo of the other side?? any markings or numbers on them??
I will have to get one when I see him again,it looks pretty much like this side.There is writing stamped on that stem,but they are illegible?
 
Upvote 0
Could it be some kind of wagon wheel pin? where the center part would go through the axle and the two curved wings would go around it to hold the wheel on? Something like this?
 

Attachments

  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 298
Upvote 0
kuger, what is that writing on the center bar, #s letters, tried to see couldnt
got a close up
 

Attachments

  • whatsit[1].webp
    whatsit[1].webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 296
Upvote 0
I tried to descipher the writing with a Jewlers loupe and even tried a rub,but couldnt make anything out? Thanks
 
Upvote 0
Beats the heck out of me. It looks a little like a jews harp, but I wouldn't put that thing in my mouth! M :laughing7: nty
 
Upvote 0
looks to be an old style spring loaded cotter pin
loop would go over a hub?
brady
 
Upvote 0
Monty said:
Beats the heck out of me. It looks a little like a jews harp, but I wouldn't put that thing in my mouth! M :laughing7: nty

:laughing7:Yea,me either!
 
Upvote 0
Monty said:
Beats the heck out of me. It looks a little like a jews harp, but I wouldn't put that thing in my mouth! M :laughing7: nty


There you go pulling the race card again....and now I'm not going to tell you what it is...

Shalom.
:laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
I knew that :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Tim
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom