What's new

I hit the silver mother load!

coinfinder

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2008
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I thought I should have something substantial for my first post. I went to the bank yesterday, feeling lucky. I asked for half dollars. One teller looks up and says "I have $250 worth that someone dropped off." Suspecting a dump, I asked if I could see the rolls. The rolls looked old, but I thought, no chance. I opened the end on one and saw a '64 Kennedy.

I immediately checked my wallet and had only $200. So I bought that many, and left the remaining $50 with her. When I opened the roll in the car there was a mix of silver clad, silver Kennedy and Franklins. Needless to say I got another $50 from the ATM and bought the rest.

Here are the results:

40 1969 BU Halves
41 Walking Liberty Halves
65 Franklin Halves
354 1964 Kennedy Halves

The entire $250 dollars was silver! This is the largest amount of silver I have ever found. The BU 69's were a great find. The oldest half was a 1917 WLH. The only group I have sorted so far are the Franklins. Nothing great, but still found three I didn't have in my book. Needless to say I am shocked by this amount of silver.

The best part was the teller was excited to get rid of the coins. I guess you would call that a "win/win"!
 
Upvote 0
Alright guys... everyone vote this to the banner!

They just put a freaking railroad tag of somesort on that thing... I would much rather see $2,000 in silver from the CRH forum up ther than THAT! =)

BANNER it!

~Dave
 
Okay, I was a skeptic, but those pictures just left me speechless! Wow, incredible haul. Voting for banner.
 
Seeing is believing, nice score. A picture speaks volumes. BTW, the pictures are the perfect size. Good luck getting on the banner. Usually the "popular" pepole get their stuff up there. CRH is the bottom of the barrel.....LOL
 
Okay, so now I want the banner! I didn't realize the magnitude of this find, but your comments have snapped me back to reality! I wonder where the other $250 is?? :icon_pirat:
 
Nice Haul. WTG
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom