What's new

I just couldn't scrap this.

tamrock

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
16,407
Reaction score
34,878
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been dumping some silver, but pulled this piece out and thought, NAAA. Its an item I posted before in the What Is It forum and member Yang Hao identified it Japanese in origin. He also said it was made by family of silversmiths in Japan. I tried the Google photo identification on the mark and this is what came up. I'd like to maybe have it restored some day if it doesn't cost a great deal. I didn't pay a lot for it, as I found it in a little dirty, dark and cluddered antique shop in Montana.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20251208_191300_Google.webp
    Screenshot_20251208_191300_Google.webp
    142.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 20251208_190710.webp
    20251208_190710.webp
    512 KB · Views: 141
  • 20251208_190735.webp
    20251208_190735.webp
    404.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 20251208_191429.webp
    20251208_191429.webp
    975 KB · Views: 135
No way, dont scrap it. What a cool piece!
I like it. Its hefty for its size. Not thinly made like most solid silver from more recent times. Worth over $270 at today's silver price being its purity is around 95% silver.
 
You did good Tamrock !!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom