Michigan Badger
Gold Member
- Joined
- Oct 12, 2005
- Messages
- 6,797
- Reaction score
- 152
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Northern, Michigan
- Detector(s) used
- willow stick
- Primary Interest:
- Other
- #1
Thread Owner
For my type of goods, ebay has gone to the potty.
I just lost about $73 on a sale.
I had $80 in the items and when all fees were paid and my shipping charges paid, I cleared $7.
Lots of buyers today don't realize how high postage is today.
The facts are ebay is going down and even ebay admits it. They once towered over Amazon.com and Craigslist but today they tie with Craigs.
Ebay auctions are now only 30% of what they were in 2006.
5 years ago I'd get 300 hits on coins I posted. Today even the best are doing well to get 30 hits.
From now on I'll keep my account only for those rare items I might want to buy. As for all my electronics and major buys I go to Amazon.com.
I just lost about $73 on a sale.
I had $80 in the items and when all fees were paid and my shipping charges paid, I cleared $7.
Lots of buyers today don't realize how high postage is today.
The facts are ebay is going down and even ebay admits it. They once towered over Amazon.com and Craigslist but today they tie with Craigs.
Ebay auctions are now only 30% of what they were in 2006.
5 years ago I'd get 300 hits on coins I posted. Today even the best are doing well to get 30 hits.
From now on I'll keep my account only for those rare items I might want to buy. As for all my electronics and major buys I go to Amazon.com.
All you need to do is build in the price of mail and handling into your product. Not too many will try and break down the cost, if they want the item, they will purchase it. Many sellers offer free shipping, believe me, you're paying for it one way, or the other 

I only use ebay to buy action figures now.






