mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just went to my local corner store to buy a few Mega Millions Lotto tickets, and sitting on the ground in front of the counter by the cashier was a 20-dollar bill. There were no customers in the store so I claimed it. I haven't found any paper money in a long time, and I can't ever recall finding a $20.
My lucky money purchased some Mega Millions tickets and a Fantasy 5 ticket, so the rest of you are better off sitting this one out. :laughing7:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
burnt a hole in someones pocket, & didn't even make it to yours! hope you win big!

OP
OP
mr_larry

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mamabear,

The money briefly made it into my pocket, but since I went to the store to buy some lotto tickets I figured I would use the "Lucky Money" for the purchase.

So far, the $5 spent on Fantasy 5 tickets has been a winner paying me $19 in tonight's drawing. We will have to see what the $15 in Megamillions tickets brings on Friday night.

Thank you for the warm wishes!

ML

OP
OP
mr_larry

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I need to add (after being brought back to this topic by another $20 bill finder) that I found another dollar bill in the same store yesterday.
I have to credit the find more to my eyes being on the floor than anything else.

If you want free money: look at the ground, not at the government.

Good hunting, and stare at the floor, because the floor is where the dollars fall.

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Nice ! Went to New Orleans during the Superbowl last year......While walking up and down Bourbon St. Dad and I found 30$ in change....A $20 and a $10! I would love to be the street cleaner the next morning. !

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I scored the same thing a couple of weekends ago. Just got done eating at Applebee's and stopped at the Albertsons to pick up some pinto beans. Opened the car door, looked down as I was getting out and there was a folded $20. My steak dinner was paid for, my beans paid for, and still a little extra in my pocket.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mr_larry said:
I just went to my local corner store to buy a few Mega Millions Lotto tickets, and sitting on the ground in front of the counter by the cashier was a 20-dollar bill. There were no customers in the store so I claimed it. I haven't found any paper money in a long time, and I can't ever recall finding a $20.
My lucky money purchased some Mega Millions tickets and a Fantasy 5 ticket, so the rest of you are better off sitting this one out. :laughing7:

I was out detecting around a county rodeo arena. I walked up on an old folded $20 bill. It had to have been outside at least a year just looking at the weathered paper and faded ink.

I took it to my bank in a small Zip-loc baggie, but the Teller said she had to get her Supervisor to approve the exchange. I saw the Supervisor nod in a good manner and the Teller came back and gave a twenty out of her cash drawer.

Attachments

• Metal detecting found 20 dollars.JPG
    Metal detecting found 20 dollars.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 742

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i had something like that happen to me once i was at a gas station and there was a guy in front of me and on the ground i saw a bill folded up thought it was a ten so when i got up there to pay i picked it up and was surprised to see it was a $50 and no it was not the persons in front of me because i saw him enter and the money was already on the ground before he got up to pay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread