What's new

I just found my 1st Indian Head Penny!!!!!!!! 1899 pix added

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sitting here at my night job doing the worst box of pennies. I am 2/3 way through the box and I only found 3 Wheaties when out pops an 1899 Indian Head penny!!!!!!! I don't have my camera with me but when I get home I will post a pix!!! It is pretty beat up but its my 1st IH from CRH'ng!!!!!!!!!!! This penny box has been it the trunk of my car for about a week now - LOL!!!!

Ok I just finnished the box. In the last 15 rolls there were an additional 5 Wheaties. So this box wound up having 1 IH and 8 Wheats. :thumbsup:

It took me 5 months, 464 Wheaties in 43 boxes to get my first IH!!!! ;D
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2383.webp
    IMG_2383.webp
    56.7 KB · Views: 354
Upvote 0
Re: I just found my 1st Indian Head Penny!!!!!!!! 1899

good job, feels good to find one i the box doesn't it?
 
Re: I just found my 1st Indian Head Penny!!!!!!!! 1899

Heck yea!!!! I was going pretty fast and when I first seen it for a split second I thought it was an older Canadian, but then I got a good look at it. :icon_pirat:
 
Re: I just found my 1st Indian Head Penny!!!!!!!! 1899

Congrats!
You are right on with the statistics in my world - you should find another in the next 100,000 + searched!
 
Re: I just found my 1st Indian Head Penny!!!!!!!! 1899

Congratulations TF
 
Re: I just found my 1st Indian Head Penny!!!!!!!! 1899

Congrats TF. I hope it don't take as long to find another one :thumbsup:
 
Thanks guys, I knew that I would find one eventually but it was a shocker when an oldie is sitting there looking up at you!!!! LOL :tongue3: It was the same way with the Barber, we all hope to find one and when I did I just couldn't beleave it!!!! Its amazing to me that a 110 year old coin can still be found out in circulation.... :o
 
WTG!
when's it gonna be my turn? :'(
 
I just found an 1895 IH today while putting a role of pennies in the cash register at work. It came out as fast as it went in. haha.
 
I have never found one but, would love to!!!! Very nice!!!!
 
Nice find! 43 boxes - i guess i *only* have what 36 more to go through before my first IH if averages work out :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom