I just got "slugged"

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a real bummer. I had never considered that as an issue but now that I think about it. This could be a real issue. The tellers never really check my roll. At the most they run a magnet over the rolls looking for Canadian coins.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you have a good relationship with the pickup bank? If so you may want to notify them. Even if they can't do anything for you, they may be able to track down the ba$tard that deposited the rolls.

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Ugh. That sucks dude. I buy bags a lot, and like 3 months ago I got a quarter bag with 34 "dollars worth" of slugs in it.

It's a pretty crappy feeling

OP
OP
S

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have a good relationship with the pickup bank? If so you may want to notify them. Even if they can't do anything for you, they may be able to track down the ba$tard that deposited the rolls.

Nada its just a pickup branch. I thought about bringing it up but then theyre going to start wanting to make me wait while they check all my rolls too. Better to just eat it and let the guy pay on the flipside.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nada its just a pickup branch. I thought about bringing it up but then theyre going to start wanting to make me wait while they check all my rolls too. Better to just eat it and let the guy pay on the flipside.

I'd still say something... odds are they will get screwed sooner or later too if they're not checking for slugs. They'll appreciate the heads up. I'd also make it clear that you don't expect remuneration of any sort for what you lost.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That's why I am a little skeptical about getting a lot of CWRs. People suck, and I'm always afraid that I'd get something like that happening to me. I have always found better stuff in MWR nickel rolls anyways. Sorry to hear about the loss. I would let them know about the guy who slugged your nickel rolls, but that's just me. I searched a MWR box this week that had 2 pennies and a fake play money penny in 3 separate rolls (I only lost 3 cents). I'm okay with taking a chance like that. I hope though that whatever you choose to do makes you happy.

HH!
- DS

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
i have a great relationship w/ my pickup bank. if i tell them i picked up a slug, they'll easily track down the person who did it. they keep a record of who dumps and pickup, also how much. plus they can find out from video footage in the bank

OP
OP
S

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called, they basically said "it happens" like I bought a lottery ticket. I traded money for slugs and all you got to say is "it happens". Guess who just became my favorite dump bank.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called, they basically said "it happens" like I bought a lottery ticket. I traded money for slugs and all you got to say is "it happens". Guess who just became my favorite dump bank.
But it's true... sh.t happens. No reason to be upset with them.

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm going through CWR's of cents now. So far, I've found 7 dimes mixed in. I guess it evens itself out in the long run.

jonojono

Jul 4, 2012
So Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On one pick up I got something like $525 the guy could not roll to save his life I made $12 every roll had more than it should have but I have also come down but never more than a buck.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It seems like putting stuff that isn't money in a roll of coin would be some kind of federal offense. Like making bills on a copier. And might be easy to track down if the bank wanted to. Really makes me angry when people are dishonest like that. Hope bad karma comes their way. .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread