Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well guys as you know in Louisiana the rain doesn’t stop but it did so I threw all my clothes and went to the little park around my house where I cut my teeth when I first started metal detecting. I tried to do something different I left on my 15 inch coil and went real slow which isn’t my style but I did get a war nickel about 6 inches down and a beautiful little ornate piece. I only dug eight plugs so I’ll count that as a success of metal detect at this little area so many times I called at the park of nothing left. This is the part where I found a reales spill a 1787 1 reales and a half real. I also found the bugle hat pin so it’s got a special place in my heart.

Attachments

• IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg
    660.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0370.jpg
    IMG_0370.jpg
    826.9 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 19
Cool finds! 2 keepers and 8 holes is for sure a success.

Thirty minutes of detecting is better than thirty minutes on the sofa. And finding anything interesting is just a plus. Nice hunting.

Thirty minutes of detecting is better than thirty minutes on the sofa. And finding anything interesting is just a plus. Nice hunting.

Susan I could tell that I lost the roll I was on metal detecting four days out of the week now one time a week if I’m lucky. Also problem being I’m running out of spots my go to spot is the Spanish Fort that I detect but that is an hour away in New Orleans and nothing is guaranteed but if you find something you find something very special. Oh well we’ll see

You did well! :occasion14: Low and slow always gets you the dough! :icon_thumleft:

You did well! :occasion14: Low and slow always gets you the dough! :icon_thumleft:

Yeah professor I’m just not built like that I dig so muchi’m trying to work smarter but I will admit I’m very quick on making a plug checking it putting it back in the right and Moving on while my friend is still trying to get the perfect signal. But I want to cut it down just for the summer it’s so hot what did I say work smarter not harder

That is an interesting piece. Congrats.

Low and slow, works for me- Nice find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back