Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had one of the most fun, pleasant, interesting hunts of my "career". LOL

I went to a local school yard that I KNOW has been hit. So, I just concentrated on digging hits that others would discriminate past. (No, I didn't turn down the blatant "quarter" hits. :) )

If you notice, there are a lot more nickels than are usually posted. (Hearing nickels means hearing rings too. Along with a TON of can slaw!!! :BangHead: But, that was my intent today.

I hit a wide variety of fields. Open, ballfield, tennis area, tot lot, resodded, old areas with large trees, etc. Wanted to see how they all played out. I didn't grid anything, just let my feet go where the Lord led. (Try it sometime, I've found that to be the best technique. :) )

Follow along and I'll comment as I go.

First, almost all the finds:

ALLTODAY.jpg

Notice the circled item? Notice how it has this little spot of yellow in the middle? This is because it is blinking! Came from the tot-lot so I figured it's one of those lights from kid's shoes. You would've enjoyed my expression when I dug this up and while I was turning it over in my hand to figure out what it was and it started blinking in my hand!! LOL

TOKEN.jpg

This was from the tot-lot too.

I got into this dig pretty intently because it appeared to be a coin that was larger than a quarter and about 7-8 inches deep.

SNIFFING1.jpg
SNIFFING2.jpg
SNIFFING3.jpg
SNIFFING4.jpg
SNIFFING5.jpg

I thought I had finally found another large cent but, no, not this time.

CLOCKTHING1.jpg
CLOCKTHING2.jpg

Still don't know what it is, :dontknow: , maybe a pill box? Seems fairly old and was pretty deep.

Did I say that...

I ..... DIAMONDHEART1.jpg this hobby? ;)

Here are a few closer ups of some things.

BLINKY.jpg
Blinky

BLOB.jpg
Just a blob? :dontknow:

BUTTON.jpg
Maybe a modern button? :icon_scratch:

SPILL.jpg
This was one of the more interesting pocket spills I've ever had as all three coins were in the same hole!

I REALLY DIAMONDHEART2.jpg this hobby!!!

Ok so that was pretty much my day. I had been out for hours and was pretty tired. I made my usual promise to myself. ONE more decent find and I'm outta here.

I got one of those "trash can lid" hits that I spoke of back a while ago. Too tired to do the circling bit, I just decided to pop it out of the ground and move on. I stuck the blade just under and POP! This is what I saw.

LASTFIND1.jpg

LASTFIND2.jpg

Sorry about the bad picture but my hand wouldn't stop shaking. LOL

I checked the hole and surrounding area in case of any missing parts or other drops, then, I turned off my detector and left! LOL

Here's a couple closer views.

LASTFIND3.jpg
LASTFIND4.jpg

I've done some initial testing, approximately 10kt, 16 small stones, 10 grams!

I LOVE this hobby!!

HH!

Upvote 10
Very neat! I wonder if the stone was hidden in the hole or wall of the hole!?

Great score on the ring, I hate digging can lid signals but I will never pass them up again. Congrats, what a nice find:hello2:.
ZDD

Cool finds for sure.:icon_thumleft:

Great finds , super hunt !

Very neat! I wonder if the stone was hidden in the hole or wall of the hole!?

That's the first thing I suspected. Wasn't sure if my popping might have pulled the center out. I dug and sifted the best I could but I don't think the center was there. The dirt was very packed into the cavity in the center of the ring. Like it had been gone for a while. Who knows why? Maybe a lawnmower hit? Or a baseball hit the ring while trying to field it, or maybe the owner got pissed, took the center out and winged the rest as far as they could throw? LOL ;)

One thing I would like to know is if anyone could tell me what type setting/connector would be used for the center pole that's left in there. I don't mean what kind of stone. More like how the center pole would be physically used to mount the center. How would it fit and be locked on?

Where is a jewelerguy when one needs one? ;) LOL

Thanks for the response!

HH!

That's the first thing I suspected. Wasn't sure if my popping might have pulled the center out. I dug and sifted the best I could but I don't think the center was there. The dirt was very packed into the cavity in the center of the ring. Like it had been gone for a while. Who knows why? Maybe a lawnmower hit? Or a baseball hit the ring while trying to field it, or maybe the owner got pissed, took the center out and winged the rest as far as they could throw? LOL ;)

One thing I would like to know is if anyone could tell me what type setting/connector would be used for the center pole that's left in there. I don't mean what kind of stone. More like how the center pole would be physically used to mount the center. How would it fit and be locked on?

Where is a jewelerguy when one needs one? ;) LOL

Thanks for the response!

HH!
It looks like another piece of metal went in there anchoring to the pin IMHO. NICE chunky Ring,I like it!!

Last edited:
It looks like another piece of metal went in there anchoring to the pin IMHO. NICE chunky Ring,I like it!!

Yeah, I see the slot in the post. Just don't know enough about jewelry making to know how that would work. This thing is really crafted well! Each of the little stones have their own mount and there is a small opening behind each one, thru the ring.

HH!

That is one nice hunk of a ring!

Yeah, it is. I had ALWAYS figured I'd find a diamond ring one day when I got into this hobby many years ago. AND, I have, several. BUT, I never figured to find one with SIXTEEN diamonds!!! I shudder to think what the center might have been. :)

Thanks!

HH!

Thanks for all the responses! Any idea what the clock looking thing might be? Was pretty deep down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back