Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew I'd get a War Nickel!

I went for a two hour lake hunt at treasure island. When I got there with the boat I ordered my new CTX 3030 over the cell phone that I will pick up tomorrow! WOO HOO! I jumped in the water after a quick scan for that darn water snake. I went over the area where I have been pulling all my good finds, at one point I thought the snake was rubbing against my leg and I yelled like a man (loud low bass yell) and jumped a country mile. Haaaaaa, good thing I didn't have a heart attack. Not much action on the lake this time of year. I was happy with a couple wheats and a 1945 War Nickel so I pulled the anchor and headed home for lunch and youtube videos of how to use my new machine!

Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

Update, --- I cleaned the War Nickel.
Here is a link to it, I always like reading about the coins. http://www.ngccoin.com/NGCCoinExplorer/CoinDetail.aspx?CoinID=14025

Attachments

• IMG_20140911_124746 (1).jpg
    IMG_20140911_124746 (1).jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 125
  • SAM_0840.JPG
    SAM_0840.JPG
    541.1 KB · Views: 131
  • SAM_0841.JPG
    SAM_0841.JPG
    547.6 KB · Views: 123
  • SAM_0846.JPG
    SAM_0846.JPG
    324.8 KB · Views: 101
  • SAM_0847.JPG
    SAM_0847.JPG
    316.9 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Upvote 16
He DOES have another........the Ace, lol.

Ya know, I do too. I still have my original Garrett Groundhog and it still works!

I would just about put my Groundhog , (coupled with my knowledge of, enhancements to it AND the hearing I USED to have back then), against any machine on the current market. It was and is still a very impressive tool. :)

Ya know, I do too. I still have my original Garrett Groundhog and it still works!

I would just about put my Groundhog , (coupled with my knowledge of, enhancements to it AND the hearing I USED to have back then), against any machine on the current market. It was and is still a very impressive tool. :)

I'm not biting, besides I just spotted for the first time that your coil looks like a "la machine"
How long has it been like that?

I'm not biting, besides I just spotted for the first time that your coil looks like a "la machine"
How long has it been like that?

Oh? My Kinsu blades? 'bout long as I've been here. LOL

But, that wasn't the enhancements I was referring to, the ones I did to the Groundhog. :)

Nice.
I love those war nickels. Any silver is always good and 35% counts in my book.

I actually found another 1944 going through some of my old nickels tonight.
I didn't even know I had it for well over 20 years. It got moved into the silver collection immediately.

The snake was probable admiring your CTX. Maybe he's thinking about getting one too!

A bass yell huh, ......well....ok we'll give you that one!
Very deep, the snake has not seen the CTX yet, he might get a look at it today.

Good news! The gf says I can get a CTX too, but I have to give something up. What's a eunuch?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back