I Know, I know , I KNOW Its Just Clad, But....

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How often do you or I find more than one Kennedy Half Dollar anywhere? I found a 1971 and 1972 in the same hole, and a 1994 with a modern quarter in another hole. Three in one day, FROM ONE SCHOOL, that I have really hammered already! :laughing7: I usually dig one half dollar coin every six months and always at different venues. (This from a guy who digs $800.00 in clad a year.)

halfdollar1.JPG

For the life of me, I could not find one stitch of jewelry, ugh. :BangHead:

Also from the "Big and Round" department, a 2005 Springfield Cardinals token and a 2006 Rat Regurgitation Palace (Chuck E.Cheese) token.

halfdollar2.JPG

From the "It May Be A Gun Part" department, a possible semi-auto pistol slide release, (toy or real?) Just a guess!

halfdollar3.JPG halfdollar4.JPG

Thanks for looking, I will be trying to break a "no silver or gold" streak later this week.

Happy Hunting to all, Sub 8-)

Upvote 15

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds! On days that I don't have an old site line up I'll go to one of the many soccer fields nearby, and just kill the clad. One field in particular has produced two post 1970 Kennedy halves...and the ATP screams SILVER...as those usually ring up pretty high at 90-91...not silver but not disappointing either..great finds, thanks for sharing...ddf

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are so right Sub. :thumbsup: I have dug 9 kennedy halves so far and none at the same site. Congrats on 3 JFKs and on your yearly clad totals. :occasion14: My 1st season I did mainly parks, schools and sports complexes as well as other public lands and dug just over $500 in 8 months. Last season I mainly hunted permissions and dug about $360. I presume that's about what I'll dig this season.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you guys have crazy clad totals. I usually hit around $40/year, and I put in hundreds of hours.

Nice job on the Kennedy halves, I've yet to find one.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice triple Kennedy halves! Congrats!

I have found dollar coins and a bunch of CEC tokens but not one Kennedy half so far.
The worms are hiding them all in your territory! Lol!

I hope the gun slid is from a toy. Do the real ones have that circle impression on them?

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done Sub ,, I have had hunts where I have dug up to 2 "Dollar Coins" but I have never had a hunt with the recovery of multiple clad halves.
Last year I had my first multiple silver half hunt. (A walking liberty and a Barber)
Congrats on you "triple half" hunt.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1/2 dollars are very rare in my part of the world especially two in the same plug anyway congrats on your bodacious coins - tokens & other treasures finds. Thanks for sharing your pictures and story with all of us and I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id be happy with those. Good finds!!!!!!!1

garviso8

Aug 10, 2014
hialeah fl
Detector(s) used
minelab safari/cz-21 /bounty hunter quick draw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think that in a country with 1.00 and 2.00 dollar coins you would find more.:icon_scratch: or are those seldom found like the us half dollar

garviso8

Aug 10, 2014
hialeah fl
Detector(s) used
minelab safari/cz-21 /bounty hunter quick draw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you guys have crazy clad totals. I usually hit around $40/year, and I put in hundreds of hours.

Nice job on the Kennedy halves, I've yet to find one.
I would think that in a country with 1.00 and 2.00 dollar coins your totals would be higher :icon_scratch: or are they as hard to find as the us half dollar

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Certainly a fine day out! Finding 3 is rare!
But, when something like that happens to me, in a place I know I've hammered and many others as well.
It always makes me wonder. :dontknow:

WTG!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think that in a country with 1.00 and 2.00 dollar coins your totals would be higher :icon_scratch: or are they as hard to find as the us half dollar

I have found many $1 and $2 in the past, but in a town of 138 people it's rare to find fresh drops lol.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
May just be clad, BUT it's your clad now and it all spends. Nice going...

Last edited:

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Sub, Congrats on that spill. Finding the "big" clad is a thrill and yours came in multiples!

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds! On days that I don't have an old site line up I'll go to one of the many soccer fields nearby, and just kill the clad. One field in particular has produced two post 1970 Kennedy halves...and the ATP screams SILVER...as those usually ring up pretty high at 90-91...not silver but not disappointing either..great finds, thanks for sharing...ddf

DDF, Exactly what these guys rang up, 90 VDI. Just plain fun to find! Thanks, Sub 8-)

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are so right Sub. :thumbsup: I have dug 9 kennedy halves so far and none at the same site. Congrats on 3 JFKs and on your yearly clad totals. :occasion14: My 1st season I did mainly parks, schools and sports complexes as well as other public lands and dug just over $500 in 8 months. Last season I mainly hunted permissions and dug about $360. I presume that's about what I'll dig this season.

Loco, Thanks! You have a "grip of scrilla" going on too, congrats. The school I hit today has produced about 15 rings this year, but none silver or gold, ugh. But it has loaded me down with clad, and now some big clad. It amazes me how much money is lying just under the grass out there, just waiting for us to take a knee and get it. Sub 8-)

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive only found one clad half and I never see 90% or 40% Kennedy halves posted.

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice triple Kennedy halves! Congrats!

I hope the gun slid is from a toy. Do the real ones have that circle impression on them?

I have found dollar coins and a bunch of CEC tokens but not one Kennedy half so far.
The worms are hiding them all in your territory! Lol!

MSBB, That was perplexing me too, as I am used to my "real" semi auto slide lock bars having a pin that goes all the way through the frame. So, probably a toy part{?} I seem to find dollar coins (new style) at all of my schools now, kids must really like the novelty of them. But there is nothing like the bang of a big coin in your earphones! Sub 8-)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they are handing them out as change in the cafeteria now days If i got a blast in my headphones from a half, i would think it was a can on end, and probably be arguing with the detector display that would be saying "half dollar" :sly:

I have seen circles, like on the gun slide, on toys alot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread