BuckleBoy
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Jun 12, 2006
- Messages
- 18,159
- Reaction score
- 9,723
- Golden Thread
- 4
- Location
- Moonlight and Magnolias
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 4
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
I dug this hammer head from an old site that was occupied from the late 1700s up to the mid-1830s. I found it in the middle of the iron patch from the house, but I don't know if it is a period drop or a farmer drop at some later date. Does anyone have a good book on old tools? The style of head I haven't seen before posted anywhere--it is flat, with a rectangular end. I wanted to wait until the cleaning was done on it to post it. Here are some photos:




Thanks in Advance,
Buckles
I dug this hammer head from an old site that was occupied from the late 1700s up to the mid-1830s. I found it in the middle of the iron patch from the house, but I don't know if it is a period drop or a farmer drop at some later date. Does anyone have a good book on old tools? The style of head I haven't seen before posted anywhere--it is flat, with a rectangular end. I wanted to wait until the cleaning was done on it to post it. Here are some photos:




Thanks in Advance,
Buckles


(Evaporust leaves the metal so white and stainless steel-looking sometimes, I do that to protect the iron as well as make it look more like an electrolysis cooked piece.)






